PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Park to Retire Billy Hill and the Hillbillies Act January 6

tinkwest
11-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Longtime Disneyland guest favorite Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are getting ready to begin their final seasonal holiday performances at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree this Friday. At the end of this special holiday run, their final day of performances at Disneyland park will be January 6, 2014.

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies have been entertaining guests at Disneyland park for more than 20 years and join a legacy of live entertainers that have performed in the park throughout its 58-year history. Future plans for Big Ranch Thunder Jamboree are to feature a variety of entertainment offerings during our many seasonal and special celebrations.

Disney4us2
11-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Oh how sad. I really enjoyed their shows. Wonder what they will put into the Golden Horseshoe???

tinkwest
11-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Oh how sad. I really enjoyed their shows. Wonder what they will put into the Golden Horseshoe???

Laughing Stock is still there now. But I would hope there will be some sort of rotation with something else. I can only take so much of that show. Not nearly as fun as the Billies. This is such sad news.

Mickey'sGirl
11-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Very sad!

We were enjoying Billy Hill and the Hillbillies when the earthquake hit Disneyland back in 2008. (We just thought their show had awesome effects! :blush: ) . They sure were fun!

MNNHFLTX
11-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Very sad news, indeed. They have tons of fans that will miss them. I do feel that the Disney PTB rather disregarded them the last couple of years by taking them out of the Horseshoe and having them perform at the Ranch. That venue is just too big for a small act that likes to play off the audience. What a shame. :(

enispe
11-08-2013, 09:57 AM
our last show will be on Monday, January 6, 2014.
Disneyland is retiring the Billy Hill & the Hillbillies show and us along with it.

boo I will miss them

mickclub1955
11-08-2013, 09:54 PM
I really enjoyed seeing them 11 years ago at the Golden Horseshoe. They were very entertaining and hilarious.

Jeff
11-09-2013, 07:03 AM
Very sad!

We were enjoying Billy Hill and the Hillbillies when the earthquake hit Disneyland back in 2008. (We just thought their show had awesome effects! :blush: ) . They sure were fun!

Amazing! My family was also watching Billy and having lunch at the time the earthquake hit. Billy's reaction was something I will never forget!

disneydementia
11-13-2013, 03:01 PM
I am bringing friends in January that have never been to DLR and I am so disappointed that they are not going to get to see this wonderful act! All you Billys will be missed!!!:number1:

badkitty
11-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Waiting right now for the 3:15 show. Such a shame they are leaving. Everyone around me is talking about and some are very vocally unhappy.

tinkwest
12-18-2013, 04:34 PM
I wrote a quick letter one day regarding the end of the Billys at Disneyland. Didn't take the time to revise or rephrase wording until it was perfect, just sat down with a pen and paper and wrote my true feelings in a few minutes.

Got back the typical, what I will call, form letter telling me that much thought and prior feedback has gone in to this decision and reminding me that Walt stated that Disneyland will never be completed . . . yada yada yada.

I'm still glad I wrote and really I didn't expect more of a response than I what I received. It's nice that they responded. While the reply almost makes it feel as if they aren't listening, I believe they do in fact take these things seriously when the feedback becomes overwhelmingly one sided. I got the same type of response when I wrote a three page letter about the horror that was the Annual Passholder Premier of Light Magic (That response from them went on to say that most feedback they received had been positive. I believe that was a bunch of baloney). Light Magic was gone forever less than four months later.

Disney4us2
12-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Linda, I was at the AP preview for Light Magic. Didn't like it. Only saw it once and that was enough. The CM's refer to it as Light Tragic;) I did end up getting a Tshirt/sweatshirt and a pin though.

jrkcr
12-30-2013, 01:50 AM
Well that stinks! I will miss them. :(

DisneyLandMomma
01-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Disneyland's loss is Knott's Berry Farms gain...just read on Facebook, Knott's announced Kirk Wall and the Hillbillies (formerly known as Billy Hill and the Hillbillies) have signed on to perform at the theme park weekends (Saturday and Sunday) beginning January 18, 2014.