PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort stay January 2014

EpcotNut
11-06-2013, 06:53 AM
We are heading down in January for Marathon Weekend (running my first marathon!) and staying through the following week. Total of 6 of us (2 kids -2 and 4 yo) staying at the HI Orange Lake Resort. Have heard lots of opinions on this place - all over the place. Good, bad, too big, they nickel and dime you, etc. I am curious to know what opinions exist out there. We are staying in a villa (basically a condo, from what I can gather) and will have a rental car. Is there anything specific I should know? I like to have a good idea what we are getting into and we have never stayed here before. Any and all info would be great. Restaurants, activities, areas to avoid...anything. Thanks in advance for any help!!:thumbsup:

Melanie
11-06-2013, 07:37 AM
My tip - leave very early Sunday morning to make sure you get into the Epcot parking lot before they close off the roads.

NJGIRL
11-06-2013, 10:18 AM
I love Orange Lake. We have stayed there at at least 6 or 7 times. It is only 4 miles from the Disney entrance (the big sign). A very easy ride.

We get a two bedroom, two bath, kitchen, living room, dining room, and washer & dryer. Our condos have always been very nice.

We have never been nickled and dimed but haven't used anything but the room. We have not dined there either.

The resort is huge and has a really nice lazy river.

mechanic
11-06-2013, 05:42 PM
I have noticed that the timeshare units there sell at very low prices. Would really like to hear your opinions when you get back.

NJGIRL
11-07-2013, 03:48 PM
I have noticed that the timeshare units there sell at very low prices. Would really like to hear your opinions when you get back.

There are many different size units at that resort.......some are hotel size, that might be what you are seeing.

We have been there many times and it is terrific.

ginger19
11-08-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm very picky about hotels and we liked it there. I had to very firmly refuse the sales pitch but they didn't bother me again after that. The golf courses and pro shop were very nice and the staff was great. The food was decent by the pool and we ate there several times. The nickel and dime comments are probably coming from the "water park". They do have a lazy river but they charge you to use the tube which I think is ridiculous but we did it once.
We had a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom and it was very large. It is just a few minutes from the parks and we would stay there again for sure.

PauSimon
11-10-2013, 09:00 PM
I am staying at the World Quest Orlando Resort over Christmas. Suite 2 bedrooms around 80$ per night. It looks like a good deal for me. Should I have gone for the Orange Lake? :confused: