PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland

GoldenAurora
11-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Does anyone have any information on or experience with Tables in Wonderland? I just heard about it today; did it used to be known as the Disney Dining Experience? Any thoughts are much appreciated :mickey:

VWL Mom
11-06-2013, 06:24 AM
It is the new name for the DDE program. It is offered to AP holders and DVC members. When I renewed in August the price was $100 for DVC and FL AP holders and $125 for AP holders. For my family it has paid for itself at least 3 times over.

BENEFITS INCLUDE:

A 20% discount offered on food and beverage, including alcohol, at over 100 participating restaurants at the Walt Disney World® Resort (discount is valid for a party of up to 10 Guests including the member)
Complimentary Resort Valet and Theme Park parking for dining purposes
Invitations to special events, such as happy hours, dessert parties, and dinners!

Tables in Wonderland (http://tablesinwonderland.com)

Melanie
11-06-2013, 07:06 AM
It is the new name for the DDE program. It is offered to AP holders and DVC members. When I renewed in August the price was $100 for DVC and FL AP holders and $125 for AP holders.

Just verified, as I thought something may have changed.

Prices are: $100 for AP Holders (regardless of residency) and DVC members, $125 for Florida residents.

We love TIW! For the way our family eats, and the fact it's good on alcoholic beverages, it's a deal for us. Like the Dining Plan, it's not a bad idea to do a little math and see if it'd work for you.

faline
11-06-2013, 08:06 AM
It used to be less expensive and you broke even earlier. We do track how much it is saving us. We purchased another card for our trip at the end of August and, during that trip, the discounts exceeded the cost of the card so the next time we use it, it will be all discounts!

Many counter service locations do not discount with this card. Some of the independent restaurants also do not accept the card.

mozman
11-06-2013, 08:58 AM
I have been using the Tables in Wonderland for years and would say it is worth it, if you eat within the Parks/Resorts often enough. I think each person has to do the math. I have a family of 6, so the savings add quickly....especially with character dining.

Tables in Wonderland is good for 1 year from when you order it. So if you are only using it for a 1-week trip, it may not be worth it, unless your are eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at full service restaurants every day.

It used to be cheaper for AP holders (was $75). But even at $100, I am still able to save more than the cost.

Melanie
11-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Actually, the great thing about the expiration is that it's good until the last day of the month of the following month from when you purchased it, the following year. That's confusing, sorry! Say you buy it July 2, 2014. It's then good until August 31, 2015. That is unless something has changed very recently.

GoldenAurora
11-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Great information, thanks all!

NJGIRL
11-06-2013, 10:40 AM
We've bought the card for the last 5 years when it was only $75. You really have to look at the restaurants you will be dining at, the number of people in your party, and how many days you will be using it, to figure out if you will save.

On our last trip two of our dining selections didn't take the card so we didn't purchase it, because we wouldn't have saved anything.

Remember that counter service restaurants don't take the card either.

At $100 you have to spend $500 at table service restaurants that take the card to break even. And remember when using the card an automatic tip of 18% is added to the bill. It's easy to forget that, if you don't look at your receipt, and double tip. lol

Melanie
11-06-2013, 10:53 AM
The big counter service places at Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree, Pizzafari, Restaurantasaurus and Tusker House - DO take it, which is a nice bonus. And resorts which don't have a full service restaurant (POP, All Stars, POFQ) take it as well.

NJGIRL
11-06-2013, 10:57 AM
The big counter service places at Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree, Pizzafari, Restaurantasaurus and Tusker House - DO take it, which is a nice bonus. And resorts which don't have a full service restaurant (POP, All Stars, POFQ) take it as well.

We ate at Pizzafari last year. I ask and the CM said no that they didn't take it. :thedolls: I guess I should have pushed the issue.

AgentC
11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Our TIW card has always paid off for us. we do multiple 2-5 day trips a year and usually dine with 4-5 people. We generally break even in 1-2 trips

They also take it at the Vero Beach resort which was a nice plus for us when we went this past summer.

twinboyz
11-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Ours expired in June of this year, I will be needing one for our May trip next year. Can I renew? How do I renew? Can I do it over the phone before we go? Thanks!!!

faline
11-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Ours expired in June of this year, I will be needing one for our May trip next year. Can I renew? How do I renew? Can I do it over the phone before we go? Thanks!!!

I don't think you can renew. As long as you qualify for the purchase, you just go to Guest Relations upon arrival and buy one.

twinboyz
11-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Bummer--Guest Relations is only at a park or DTD right?

faline
11-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Bummer--Guest Relations is only at a park or DTD right?

Yes.

AgentC
11-08-2013, 12:24 PM
From the Tables in Wonderland site-

How to Purchase:

If you are a Disney Vacation Club Member, visit any Guest Relations location at a Walt Disney World® Theme Park or Downtown Disney® area to purchase your Tables in Wonderland membership. Please present your Photo ID and your DVC Membership Card.

If you are a Florida Resident or Annual / Seasonal Passholder, visit any Guest Relations location at a Walt Disney World® Theme Park or Downtown Disney® Area to purchase your Tables in Wonderland membership. Florida Residents and Annual / Seasonal Passholders may also purchase over the phone. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery when purchasing by phone.
If you are a Tables in Wonderland member, and would like to receive email updates on our Special Events, please send your Tables in Wonderland Ticket Number, your first and last name, zip code, and e-mail address to: [email protected]. If you are not a Tables in Wonderland member yet and are joining soon, please give your email address to the Guest Relations Cast Member when purchasing your Tables in Wonderland card, in order to be added to the email list. If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing, please click the link at the bottom of the email.

Call (407) 566-5858 (Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST) for more information. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

I have always done it at the park because I am never remember I need a new one in time to wait for it in the mail. :)