PDA

View Full Version : parts of rides down

linedropper
11-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Got to DW yesterday afternoon, we made it to MK late afternoon and was let down that Davey Jones part of POTC was down. Makes the ride and starts it off good. Also the ghosts that hitchike with you a HM were not working either. Just a bummer!

DizneyFreak2002
11-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Got to DW yesterday afternoon, we made it to MK late afternoon and was let down that Davey Jones part of POTC was down. Makes the ride and starts it off good. Also the ghosts that hitchike with you a HM were not working either. Just a bummer!

The Davey Jones mist scene was off last week as well... I have now come to understand the effect is not coming back any time soon... Reportedly they turned it off for good...

linedropper
11-03-2013, 11:37 PM
I know after my last post it looks like Im complaining but really just talking. For any negative I have about Disney I have 200 Positives, I just think I hold this place to a higher level.

We were on GMR today and in the back row of the second car. After the whole trick where the driver goes and gets fried and then we get the original driver back. My kids look over their shoulder and see the Character flip the rock and reset the ride, The look on their faces killed me. Liked the magic was ruined. Details Disney!

Pirate Granny
11-04-2013, 08:01 AM
I would have mentioned that detail to a CM when I exited the ride.

rkmemkc
11-04-2013, 08:17 AM
I know after my last post it looks like Im complaining but really just talking. For any negative I have about Disney I have 200 Positives, I just think I hold this place to a higher level.

I totally agree...I love this place too and when I see something 'off' I think that newbies might think its run down. :mad:

Yesterday on COP the kitchen curtain is falling down, the water doesn't come out of the pump and the volume of the voices was lower than the music, making it difficult to follow the story (not for us of course, we have it memorized :blush:).

With low attendance and loss of attention to detail on this ride - I get nervous that they will close it some day.

The Horned King
11-04-2013, 02:13 PM
I understand that these thjings are complicated pieces of kit. But it does sadden when things don't work. Minor things first time viewers wouldn't notice. But the carnotaur missing from the end of dinosaur or the hitch hiking ghosts not working just saddens. :(

linedropper
11-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Ok I rode POC again today and noticed the voice is Ian Mcswain from Strange Tides, Ok With that!

And at Haunted Mansion the ghosts were back!

Yey

SandmanGStefani24
11-08-2013, 08:10 PM
i found it a little disappointing that the Buzz Lightyear character that briefs you when you enter the ride was simply covered with a black curtain. Guess he was out to lunch. :D

I look at it this way, at least everything else was working and I still got to ride. Gotta look at it as a :beer: half full.

Tekneek
11-09-2013, 03:26 PM
On the surface, a lot of what is going on at WDW is good. The fine details seem like a troubling area, of which I don't think Disney is too concerned with at the moment.

texas211
11-09-2013, 07:55 PM
POTC had issues back in Sept. Despite a refurb last year.

No hitchhiking ghosts is criminal.

Tekneek
11-09-2013, 09:24 PM
The hitch hiking guests were working on Thursday when I rode it. For us, HM was better than it was back in 2010.

PotC was not as good. Mermaid effect didn't work, and Davy Jones effect was audio only, ride had some audio issues throughout. For whatever reason, I found myself wanting the pre-Jack Sparrow ending this time.

Lindsey310
11-10-2013, 03:32 PM

Didn't see the mist of Davey jones either (was there the week of 10/20) and never saw the mermaids on the ride also. :confused:

90 days :joy:

Middle of the Map
11-11-2013, 11:32 PM
We were on GMR today and in the back row of the second car. After the whole trick where the driver goes and gets fried and then we get the original driver back. My kids look over their shoulder and see the Character flip the rock and reset the ride, The look on their faces killed me. Liked the magic was ruined. Details Disney!

Oh, that's too bad. I have given up on GMR because when you ride in the very back, the narrative is a full scene ahead by the time you arrive. We also noticed that the sound is either TOO loud or muddled, depending on where you sit. The attraction needs an upgrade....

Cheshire_Girl
11-18-2013, 08:59 AM
The Davey Jones mist scene was off last week as well... I have now come to understand the effect is not coming back any time soon... Reportedly they turned it off for good...

The mist was off over a month ago on my last trip. I was really dissapointed but figured it was just down for repair...your above message makes me sad. It was my favorite part of the ride-such a good start.