PDA

View Full Version : The Wave or Tonys???

*NikkiJ*
11-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Look at me with another dining post...

I'm getting leery of Tonys and am thinking about canceling my ADR and going to The Wave. Thoughts or suggestions...I want to keep it close to MK and the wave is my other option with the dining plan (except Kona). Kona still isn't ruled out if Tonys and the Wave are horrible.

Y'all rock for all the help!

chefmickey3
11-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I enjoy Tony's. We have never had a bad meal although the service was annoyingly less than stellar. We have considered The Wave but the menu does nothing for us. I loved Kona for lunch. The dinner menu is not as exciting. We cancelled an ADR there for dinner when we could get one for Tony's. I don't know if any of this rambling helps - just my thoughts.

Itchy
11-03-2013, 09:55 PM
We really enjoy the Wave for dinner. We have never had breakfast there. We eat the Wave almost every trip and will be there during our trip in December.

I think there steak is as good Cali Grill.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Pirate Granny
11-04-2013, 07:59 AM
I preferred Tony's, although it's been years since I've eaten at Kona's. I didn't like the menu or the decor at the Wave. Food was good, just very uninspiring decor. But another option is the Floridian Cafe. Love the food and decor there!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-04-2013, 08:48 AM
We don't like Tony's.

Never ate at the Wave, I've heard mixed reviews on it though.

We love Kona, can't go wrong there either.

pox24
11-04-2013, 11:38 AM
I hate giving bad reviews but I have to admit these two choices were terribly disappointing to at least myself and my wife. We won't return to either, however The Plaza was a pleasant surprise as was The Liberty Tree Tavern.

Katzateer
11-04-2013, 12:01 PM
While my first choice is Kona's I agree that the Grand Floridian Cafe is a good choice. We have not been to Tony's in a long time ( wasn't impressed with food) and the Wave seems to get very mixed reviews.

#1donaldfan
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Go with Tony's. We love it there for the atmosphere and location. The food, while not incredible, is very good. We have always had great service, very friendly and prompt. We've only ever had breakfast at the Wave and it was super, but it's still a good walk or wait on the monorail. You cannot go wrong with Tony's !!:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
11-04-2013, 09:39 PM
We ate at Tony's only once. It was the only meal I have had in Disney that I can honestly say was bad. Overpriced Ragu.

awaggett
11-05-2013, 08:05 PM
We enjoy both Kona and The Wave. Kona when we are in the mood for Asian-inspired food; The Wave when we want to get away from parks and crowds for a bit. The food is very fresh and interesting, have always enjoyed our meals.

DonaldDuckUSA
11-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Love the Wave.

I've never been to Tonys and I probably won't book it because I've read too many questionable reviews.

BUT we've had many enjoyable meals at The Wave.

AgentC
11-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I have never tried the Wave I know it has gotten mixed reviews but I've been hearing better things about it lately.

I posted a review from our Sept visit to Tony's. I thought the atmosphere was cute and the staff was pleasant but I was not impressed with the meal at all. I would probably not visit again unless it was the only option.