PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Royal Room or Carribean Beach Pirate Room?

savafan
11-02-2013, 02:28 PM
If you were going to pick one for a 1 night stay with a five year old child, which one would you choose?

mom2morgan
11-02-2013, 03:42 PM
POR! The royal rooms (I haven't stayed in one) look AWESOME and I just love this resort. We stayed at Carribean and didn't like it at all - the theming, layout, and food court at POR were much more to our liking. Both have great pools for children. If you are only staying one night, then there isn't much point in getting into comparing the amenities, although I do really like the boat to DTD at POR.

Lindsey310
11-02-2013, 03:50 PM
We are staying in the princess rooms in feb for 1 night and we are really looking forward to it! I love love love POR so my vote is for that...not a huge fan of Caribbean beach...for the layout of the resort and the food court.

kakn7294
11-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Is this a boy or girl and which do they like better - pirates or princesses? We've stayed in both and liked them both. The fireworks headboards are really cool but I liked the pirates theming better. I just didn't care so much for the location of the pirate rooms but for one night, I think it wouldn't matter to me.

savafan
11-02-2013, 06:14 PM
For a boy, who seems to like both princesses and pirates fairly equally. :mickey:

AgentC
11-02-2013, 09:57 PM
What time of year are you going and since you are only staying one day do you plan on doing anything at the resort?

I have stayed at both resorts. Both rooms have benefits. The pirate rooms are really cute especially the ship beds. I'm not sure if they still do it but when we were there, they gave boys a pirate sword. The rooms are furthest from all the amenities but staying only one night it is probably not a big deal. Theme wise CBR is not my favorite but if you are using the pool area, CBR has a great water play area for younger kids.

The royal rooms as you would expect are decorated in rich colors and have little touches for all the princess movies. The highlight for my kids was definitely the firework painting over the beds. The rooms aren't the closet to the main area but are not that far either. POR has the superior food court but does not have a water area like CBR.

For a little boy I'd probably lean toward CBR for one night though my personal resort preference is POR.

savafan
11-03-2013, 01:15 PM
We'll be there mid to late next week.

Here's our story:

Last year, my wife and I went to WDW in November for a week sans kids to celebrate our anniversary. Our son saw our pictures, and has begged us to take him on our next vacation. However, being a Civil War nut, I had been planning for five years to be in Gettysburg for the 150th anniversary of the Battle. My son and stepdaughter braved through that trip with me, so I promised that for our next vacation, we would take the entire family to Disney World in 2014.

Then my father-in-law informed us a couple months ago that he would be getting married in Orlando this November, exactly one day before my wife and my anniversary. Having promised my son a trip to Disney, we scraped to come up with the funds for an abbreviated trip this year, with plans for a longer trip next year still in the works. We currently have a room booked at All-Star Movies for the 13th and checking out on the 15th. However, on the 15th, my Christmas bonus, as well as a raise I am receiving from a very nice promotion, will be hitting my bank account, so we're hoping to extend our stay for a day once we have the money available to do so. We've looked, and none of the value resorts have any availability for the 15th, so my next best thought was to give a test run for the type of room we may want to stay in for our longer trip next year, now that I'll have more money in my budget.

brownie
11-03-2013, 07:14 PM
For a boy I'd go with the pirate room.