PDA

View Full Version : We got our Magic Bands today

1goofyfamily
11-01-2013, 02:31 PM
well 1 set of them anyways. We are staying 1 night at Sports since we get in so late and my little sister could get us a discount there before moving to Port Orleans Riverside. She is doing the college internship program at Disney so we used it as an excuse to go. We got our POR bands but our 1st night we still haven't. I also left our 1 night all gray so we wouldn't get them confused with the rest.

retiredfigment
11-01-2013, 03:56 PM
We got our magic bands today, also. We are also doing what you are doing. First night at POP then rest of trip at WL. Wish I would have thought to keep POP bands gray. Not sure which set I got.

droopy d.
11-01-2013, 08:54 PM
we just got ours today also but we are only getting the one set. They are really nice and just adds to my excitement since its been almost years since my last Disney vacation.

retiredfigment
11-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Went back on My Disney Experience and it actually tells you when they are shipped.

DizneyFreak2002
11-02-2013, 08:48 PM
People, if you are doing split stays and have two sets of bands, MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT OF YOUR FIRST HOTEL!!!!! I was told at Bay Lake I didn't have to, and that caused some issues with Saratoga Springs... They had to manually check me out at SSR and than manually activate my bands all because I just left BLT (which I was told I could do)... CHECK OUT... Make sure your first set of bands are deactivated...

Ms. Mode
11-05-2013, 11:03 AM
I don't understand. I thought with the Magic Band all your info went on the same band. :confused:

PopPhan
11-05-2013, 12:43 PM
I don't understand. I thought with the Magic Band all your info went on the same band. :confused:

In that this is still the test phase and not all resorts are participating in the test, all split stays are being considered as completely separate reservations/stays and, if both resorts are participating, the visitor will get a MagicBand for each "reservation/stay"

I would certainly hope that when this is fully implemented all visits can/will be put on one MagicBand.

It had been stated before that these bands will be 'reprogrammable' so that they can be used on multiple trips. Since the RFID identifier would (should) be unique to each individual, this should not be a problem.