PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use FP+ for Fantasmic ?

Donald Duck
10-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Is it worth it ?

I heard that it doesn't guarantee you entrance or a seat.

I thought a specific section was reserved for FP+ but from what I'm hearing that's not true.

Can anyone confirm please ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck
:mickey:

Lindsey
11-01-2013, 03:34 PM
I used it a couple of weeks ago. There IS a specific section for FP+, but you need to show up between the arrival times on your FB or you will have to go in the stand-by line. It was pretty chaotic, but there are signs in the seating area pointing out where FP+ seats are, as well as for Dinner Package seating. Most of the seats are set aside for those guests actually, there are far fewer seats available for stand-by now. When I was there, soon after they started letting people get seats, they announced over the speakers that stand-by was "standing room only". The stand-by seating filled up really fast.

Lindsey
11-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Oh, and yes I would say that it is worth it. :mickey: I hadn't seen Fantasmic in 6 years because I could not handled the 'moss pit' queue. With FP+ I didn't have to wait in line at all, it just took a crowded walk to get a seat.

Donald Duck
11-01-2013, 04:22 PM
I used it a couple of weeks ago. There IS a specific section for FP+, but you need to show up between the arrival times on your FB or you will have to go in the stand-by line. It was pretty chaotic, but there are signs in the seating area pointing out where FP+ seats are, as well as for Dinner Package seating. Most of the seats are set aside for those guests actually, there are far fewer seats available for stand-by now. When I was there, soon after they started letting people get seats, they announced over the speakers that stand-by was "standing room only". The stand-by seating filled up really fast.

Thanks.
I had heard just recently that they weren't saving a section for FP+ and that just because you have FP+ it doesn't guarantee you a seat.

Fantasmic is scheduled for 6:30 PM and the FP+ return time is 5:55-6:15.
That seems a little late to me.

GoldenAurora
11-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Where is the Fastpass+ seating area in the arena? Decent view?

mechanic
11-01-2013, 08:07 PM
If the system is working well, then you wouldn't want to have to wait more than a half hour. This could be one of the best parts of fp+

Ltmoko
11-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Just checked MDE and I dont see Fantasmic listed???

MickeysBestPal
11-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Where is the Fastpass+ seating area in the arena? Decent view?

While there IS a FP+ available for Fantasmic!,
there is NOT a reserved FP+ seating area for Fantasmic!

It is a virtually worthless FP+ choice.

MickeysBestPal
11-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Just checked MDE and I dont see Fantasmic listed???

That choice only shows up at certain times (within X number of days before your trip) and under certain conditions of how you pick your FP+ choices.

Since the FP+ for Fantasmic! is of little or no value, I won't go into the various scenarios involved in trying to secure one of these little clunkers.

Donald Duck
11-02-2013, 10:36 AM
While there IS a FP+ available for Fantasmic!,
there is NOT a reserved FP+ seating area for Fantasmic!

It is a virtually worthless FP+ choice.

MickeysBestPal when did you go ?
I have heard this from several people now.

Lindsey used it a few ago and said there is a specific section for FP+.

MickeysBestPal
11-02-2013, 07:13 PM
MickeysBestPal when did you go ?
I have heard this from several people now.

Lindsey used it a few ago and said there is a specific section for FP+.

There was a very brief time that they DID have a reserved FP+ section for F!

That time has passed.
(No reserved section for at least the past couple of weeks.)

Will they bring the reserved section back at some point?
Nobody knows.

As it sits now... WORTHLESS!

DizneyFreak2002
11-02-2013, 08:43 PM
I agree with MickeysBestPal.. Totally worthless and ruined the experience... I will never go see Fantasmic again if FP stays, and sadly, it will... DISASTER!!!!!!

mechanic
11-04-2013, 01:15 AM
Without a reserved area, I can't see any value to it. Unless they let you in first, that would be etty much the same as a reserved area.

jamiem
11-04-2013, 07:13 AM
We had fp+ on October 23...was a bust. Both stand by and fastpass + people funneling into fantasmic at the same time. We ask a CM about fp+ seating and she said there was none.

Not worth the selection. Priority seating would be a huge benefit for fantasmic.

epceddie
11-05-2013, 12:48 PM
We used Fastpass Plus for Fantasmic on Oct. 21 and thought it worked just fine. It was our first time seeing the show and we were able to walk in and sit right down in the Pocohantas section, which was reserved for Fastpass Plus holders. The view from the seats was outstanding and the show was excellent. The only bad thing was making the mistake of trying to leave right after it ended. It was gridlock trying to get out, with everybody funneled into a narrow exit. We should have waited about 15 minutes before trying to leave. Lesson learned.

CaptSmee
11-05-2013, 12:48 PM
This is highly illogical...if I use FP+ its to avoid the crowds in the standby que. Guess I'll be using it for elsewhere next trip :(

Lindsey
11-05-2013, 01:44 PM
If they did get rid of the designated seating area for FP+ then I don't know what the point is. When I went a few weeks ago last month there were signs pointing out where FP+ seating was, and there were cast members at the entry of all the FP+ seating areas. You had to show them your magic band in order to get a seat.
If Disney isn't going to do it that way anymore then they might as well get rid of the FP+ option, it seems kind of pointless. :unsure: