PDA

View Full Version : contemporary reviews/transportation

arm00leg
10-31-2013, 12:57 PM
So we are toying with a stay at the contemporary (budget permitting) next trip. We love love love Beach Club's location. I would like to know how the contemporary compares as far as environment, ease, and transportation. Of course we know there's the monorail but that gets very very crowded certain times of the day. Would love to hear your experiences there! Pros, cons, etc.

mommyprincess
10-31-2013, 02:30 PM
We love staying at the contemporary because of of the location, transportation options and food options. We do not stay in the main building because we think it is too noisy but the outbuildings are just as good at a lower price! the walk to the front door is no more than 5 minutes. You can ride the monorail or walk to magic kingdom (about 10 minutes) which is great because on your way home when everyone is standing on the platform wating to get on, you will already be back at the hotel. Do it...you wont regret it!

baldburke
10-31-2013, 03:19 PM
If you can afford to do it then anywhere on the monrail line is great and worth every penny. We're partial to the Poly for themeing, but to be able to take the monrail to and from MK and Epcot is great. Many night's we'll leave the park early to beat the crowds and watch fireworks from the beach. It doesn't always work for everyone's budget, but everyone should do it at least once!

Ms. Mode
10-31-2013, 03:33 PM
We stayed at the Contemporary last fall and LOVED it! It is my favorite resort to date. We stayed in the main tower and had a MK view, which was so special! I love the walk to MK and the Monorail on site. We were right over Chef Mickey's and I'll tell you the truth; unless you open your room door there is NO noise. The room is HUGE...biggest on property, and while the themeing isn't all that it still is a great room.

I just love it and hope to get to stay there again sometime, but like you said it is a bit costly...I guess that's what makes it special, we just can't afford that every trip.

PS. Nice avatar!
:mickey:

tiggerbuddy
10-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Too expensive and not worth the money they charge

Keneva
10-31-2013, 09:44 PM
We stayed tower club. The view of MK castle at night was spectacular. Great location to MK. Easy access to Poly & GF restaurants. Rooms were nice and big. Not themed well for kids but they loved the view of the castle from the room. I'm glad we stayed there but we like the Poly and GF better.:twocents:

Middle of the Map
10-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Stayed there two years ago and got a nice deal on the room through Magical Journeys (thanks Wendy).
Our room faced MK and it was glorious watching the fireworks from the balcony. Our room was also over Chef Mickey's and it got a little noisy, even with the door shut. If I were to stay there again, I would request the other end of the building, away from Chef Mickey's.

The location was great. We hopped on the monorail to MK, or switched to the Epcot line at TTC. We took the bus twice, once to AK and once to DTD. Both times it was a long trip.

I loved the size of the room and the comfy beds. Definitely stay there at least once in your life.