PDA

View Full Version : Magic Band? Staying one night

Disney4us2
10-30-2013, 06:32 PM
I know that they don't have card keys to the rooms now. I am staying at AKL for one night on DD's birthday 12/4/13.

Do they give you a band when you check in? Do you get a color choice at check in? Do I need to contact Disney (DVC member services) about the bands?

faline
10-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Marci, do you currently have an annual pass? If so, have you linked your annual pass with your My Disney Experience account? After I linked my current pass, when I next logge in, a pop-up window opened asking me to customize my band and gave me a time frame in which I could do so (I'm guessing the time frame allowed is up to the date the band(s) will be mailed).

Also, within a few days of linking my annual pass, I was able to pick fastpass+ options as well.

Disney4us2
10-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Linda, We do have the AP's. It is the Premier pass. They are not linked with MDE yet. I will try it. I was talking with someone in guest services and they said the AP's will not even start to be on the bands until 2014.

faline
10-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Linda, We do have the AP's. It is the Premier pass. They are not linked with MDE yet. I will try it. I was talking with someone in guest services and they said the AP's will not even start to be on the bands until 2014.

When I talked with someone at Disney, I was told I had to be invited to take part in fastpass+. So, I was greatly surprised when, after I linked the annual pass, everything else seemed to open up. It wasn't immediate. I entered my pass information and couldn't get into anything else. However, a few days later, I logged on again and was able to make fastpass+ selections. Either that day or the next, I logged on again and a popup window came up and asked me to customize my bands so I did.

GoldenAurora
11-01-2013, 05:35 PM
I didn't have tickets to link after I booked my room reservation, and no screen ever popped up for me after I created an account on My Disney Experience, but I was able to click on the "Manage MagicBands" tab (it's on the right hand side of your MDE home screen under Here's Where to Start) and was able to customize my bands. I had some trouble doing it from my iPad (the system kept asking for a valid address and then rejected the entire request repeatedly) but was able to successfully customize and order them through the Disney World app for the iPhone. They came very quickly too -- I think it was only a few days from customization to delivery!

VWL Mom
11-02-2013, 06:18 AM

Marci, I think they were referring to an AP by itself. Since you are staying onsite it should work.