PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Rolls

mickeys_princess
10-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Is there anywhere in Disney to get a good lobster roll? I thought I read somewhere that they have them in Downtown Disney now but I can't remember where. :( Thanks!!

Niecyboo
10-30-2013, 09:51 PM
During Food and Wine they have the most amazing Lobster Rolls at the Hops and Barely kiosk. They aren't very big but they are just a small toasted roll filled with big pieces of lobster and just a small bit of flavored mayo smeared on the bun.

Apparently they are opening a "food truck" in Downtown Disney with the best of Food and Wine and they do list Lobster Rolls (if they are the same, I see me down there a lot).

Columbia Harbor House also has a Lobster Roll listed but I've never gotten to try it. It's actually quite hard for me to have lobster since my son is allergic. I've done Epcot without him but never Magic Kingdom.

SurferStitch
10-31-2013, 11:55 AM
I've had the lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House, and it was pretty good. I really enjoyed it.

I had a great lobster roll at Fulton's Crab House for lunch a couple times. Delicious!

mickeys_princess
11-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks!!!!

SBETigg
11-01-2013, 09:29 AM
The food truck or Fulton's might be your best bet. I haven't tried theirs yet. I have yet to enjoy a lobster roll I've found at WDW.

The Hops and Barley rolls come closest to the style I prefer (hot butter on cold lobster, on a New England style roll) but they fail in execution by using not the freshest lobster-- it has a rubbery texture, or at least, it did when I tried, which means it was cooked and picked well in advance of serving.

Columbia Harbour House uses way too much mayo and the addition of sweet peppers distracts from the taste of the lobster.

These rolls might work for you if you're not from New England and picky about your lobstah, but I've found them very disappointing.

DisneyFan1979
11-01-2013, 11:24 AM
There is usually a lobster roll on the menu at the Crew's Club Lounge a the Yacht Club. A family member has had it twice and really liked it -- and we are from Boston so we are picky seafood eaters.

etibbetts
11-05-2013, 11:57 AM
I guess it depends what you are use to - I'm from Maine and the "lobster rolls" in Disney are not what I call good. I tried the one at F&W and didn't even finish it. The one at Columbia Harbor House was just gross in my opinion. Those are the only ones I've tried. After those experiences, I'll just have my lobster at home.

DonaldDuckUSA
11-08-2013, 08:37 AM
I've heard good things about the lobster rolls at the Boardwalk Bakery.

phlo8810
11-11-2013, 06:52 PM
I've had the lobster rolls everywhere that they serve them in wdw. By far the best are at the boardwalk bakery.

Keneva
11-17-2013, 08:51 PM
I saw one on the menu at Captains Grill. Have not ate there...

New England-style Lobster Roll served chilled on Butter-toasted Parker House Roll with a choice of Vegetable Orzo Salad or French Fries 17.99 :crab: