PDA

View Full Version : NOV visit/ both parks/crowds

madhatterrules
10-30-2013, 12:20 PM
My daughter (14) and I will be spending a day at the parks in November. One day between the 15th and the 18th. What are crowds like at that time of year? We were going to try and do some rides in both parks, is that feasible in one day?

This is only our 2nd time there.

I appreciate any info

NewDVCowner
10-30-2013, 01:42 PM
If you go on a weekday rather than a weekend it should be very doable. The two parks are right across from each other so it's easy to park hop between both of them. Get there early and you'll be able to do most of the 'must do' rides.

If you go to CA first then get a fast pass for Radiator Springs Racers (the kiosks are NOT next to the ride, they're on the main walk way next to the Bugs Life enterance), then go to Toy Story Mania (if you want to ride it). Toy Story does not have a fast pass option. If you're willing to ride single rider lines Radiator Springs Racers has that option and even on the busy days the wait for the single rider line is less than a half hour.

Decide which night time show you want to see because you won't be able to do both The World of Color and the fireworks.

Big Thunder will still be closed when you visit, so be aware.

BelleBeauty
10-30-2013, 01:43 PM
We were there during this time in Nov 2011. Our last day (day before Thanksgiving) we were able to ride all of the major MK rides except HM before 12pm. So you can definitely do this is you use FP.

When we were there, we found that DHS was the park that felt the most crowded the closer we got to the holiday. I think this is because the street setup creates a lot of bottlenecks and weird corners. If you avoid DHS I think you can do two parks in 1 day and be happy.

Mod ETA: Response is for WDW. This is Disneyland forum.

tinkwest
10-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Holiday crowds probably will not have built up too much by mid November. I would expect a typical weekend; lots of AP holders (some of the days you are planning on visiting will be blocked out for a few) but not yet a ton of vacationing families. Of course, this is always a hard prediction to make.

Park hours will be working in your favor and you should have no problem enjoying attractions at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Give yourself time to enjoy all of the holiday entertainment and decorations as well.

New DVCowner had a great idea to start with the RSR fastpass and TSMM. Choosing your evening entertainment in advance is also a good plan of action.

Have fun. It's my favorite time of year to visit.

Carol
11-01-2013, 07:05 AM
I would definitely try and do a week day. A lot of new stuff is debuting that week for Christmas, so the weekends will be very busy with locals coming in to see it all. (New World of Color, light show on it's a small world and Winter Village, based on the new film Frozen, in Downtown Disney.) Not to mention the Christmas decorations, in general.