PDA

View Full Version : Should we do the MyMagic+ testing for our Dec trip?

lawgirl
10-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Hi! I just got the email invite to participate in the MyMagic+ testing for our Dec trip, and I'm trying to figure out if it will be a good thing for us and if I need to sign up to do it. We are planning on doing MVMCP Thursday night, then Epcot on Saturday all day.

What are your thoughts? Do they still have fastpasses available at the parks (1st week of Dec)? How much will the Magic Bands and Fastpass + affect our stay? Is it really that complicated?

I'd love some insight into all this as it seems kinda complicated, and I'd like to keep our trip simple. But it would also be cool to test it out! Thanks!

vicster
10-29-2013, 10:49 PM
Yes - go for it. We were there 10/11/13 - 10/18 13 and WDW was packed with long wait times. We did not have magic bands but wished we did just for fast pass+. Not sure how busy it will be when you go but at least you'll be able to do the attractions you want to do. Besides, magic bands seemed pretty convenient.

Maggie T
10-30-2013, 05:53 AM
Yes use it. Just got home this weekend and its packed. Use the kiosks and you can find out at one spot which rides are open for the fast pas. Get them to mail them home to you and you can choose colors and also make FP before you go on my Disney expierence.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-30-2013, 09:31 AM
100% do it.

Especially since you already know the parks you'd like to be in, do it.

We weren't part of the testing and it was actually really frustrating, since it was harder to get FP's and lines were longer than we were used to.

droopy d.
10-30-2013, 10:12 AM
I got the same email last week and then got an invitation in the mail asking me to do it. The funny thing is with my Disney experience it told me over a month ago that I could get the magic bands and use fp+ so I picked them on my 60th day out. My bands should be shipped out tomorrow for our nov 30- dec 7th trip.

cer
10-30-2013, 10:31 AM
See, I'm afraid that we won't get the opportunity to do it.

We are annual passholders staying on property in Jan, and I am holding my breath.

I'm afraid that they have removed the traditional kiosks and we won't be able to get fastpass + reservations until we arrive (and then they will be all taken).

All my information, hotel reservations, dining and annual passes are linked to My Disney Experience account, but I cannot do anything else.

I know it is still early (we are 69 days from arrival) but I just want the comfort of knowing that we will be able to make FP+ reservations before arrival.

For those of you who have been invited to participate, how close to your trip did you get your notice?

I don't even care at this point if we don't get the magic band experience, but I will care a whole lot if I have to spend all my time in lines in order to ride the more popular attractions.

I feel deeply for the local annual passholder population. I think Disney is handling this whole thing so wrong.

Good luck to everyone! :thumbsup:

lawgirl
10-30-2013, 12:17 PM
So it looks like it won't hurt to try it. Am I reading this right?? Our magic band will be our room key, park ticket, and we use that service to make FastPass+ reservations online beforehand?

Am I missing anything else? It seems like it will be easier to keep up with that as opposed to having room key card, tickets, etc to keep up with. What happens if you lose your magic band? Do you still have a room key card and "hard ticket"? We've been going to Disney for so long, this new thing is kinda throwing me off. It seems like a cool idea, just so many details, and I'm in charge of booking everything for the whole family, so want to make sure I'm on top of my game!

magicofdisney
10-30-2013, 12:49 PM
We're AP holders and we got the invite about a month out from the trip. We're scheduled to arrive 11/11. My issue is that one of my daughter's has an expired AP that we're planning to update upon arrival. Our band has only a 2day pass on it and that is the limit to the number of days I can schedule her FP+. :unsure: This definitely puts a kink in the "planning" option of this new format. It appears you must have a ticket with as many days as your trip to schedule these FP+

cer
10-30-2013, 01:00 PM
So it looks like it won't hurt to try it. Am I reading this right?? Our magic band will be our room key, park ticket, and we use that service to make FastPass+ reservations online beforehand?

Am I missing anything else? It seems like it will be easier to keep up with that as opposed to having room key card, tickets, etc to keep up with. What happens if you lose your magic band? Do you still have a room key card and "hard ticket"? We've been going to Disney for so long, this new thing is kinda throwing me off. It seems like a cool idea, just so many details, and I'm in charge of booking everything for the whole family, so want to make sure I'm on top of my game!

...you can also link you photopass to it...

cer
10-30-2013, 01:02 PM
We're AP holders and we got the invite about a month out from the trip.

I find this encouraging for my situation.

I know you have other extenuating circumstances, I hope everything works out... :(

Maggie T
10-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Your band has a mickey head on it and when you enter your room you just match it to the mickey on your door. When using it for meals, shopping you have a 4 digit number that you pick when you check in. Your first name also is on the inside of the band. Really easy. When you enter the park you match your mickeys and then you must use your finger also. Use the same finger all the time and that is set up at the park on your first entry. Real easy.

minnie04
10-30-2013, 01:15 PM
I would say GET THEM!!! After what we saw this past weekend. You will wish you had them when you are in the lines. At least for the FP part. We saw a ton of people with the bands and even spoke to a few about how they worked and if they liked them. They all worked fine and they were all happy with them. :mickey: I have a big trip coming up in March and I'm already looking for a resort to stay in. This way I can book the FP part..