PDA

View Full Version : Pop or All Stars for 1 night?

emerzmom
10-28-2013, 06:10 PM
I am traveling to Tampa for a wedding in a few weeks and decided to go a day early to WDW...maybe MVMCP too. It is the day after my birthday so it is a little birthday present to my self. :birthday:
I am going to most likely be traveling alone. Since this is just 1 night and I will be going to at least 1 park I did not think it would be worth the extra $$ to stay at anything above Pop or All Stars. I have never been to Pop and went to All Stars once. I was not overly thrilled with All Stars but it was okay. How is Pop? I know some really love it. I was thinking about giving it a try. Any thoughts?
What would you do for 1 night stay at WDW???
:tink:
Julie

Middle of the Map
10-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Pop vs. All Stars? I would go with Pop for just one night. Which park are you planning on visiting?

Oh, and Happy Birthday to You!

JoDisney
10-28-2013, 07:38 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I would go with Pop. Get a room on inside of resort.

1DisneyNut
10-28-2013, 07:41 PM
I would try POP. I have never tried it but we did stay in All Star Music once and All Star Sports once and hated both with a passion. POP has to be better from reading posts around here.

GAN
10-28-2013, 08:45 PM
I can't speak for All-Stars, but I've stayed at Pop for several 1/2 night stays and have no complaints at all.

Pirate Granny
10-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Pop was our resort of choice before we bought our DVC. Although I'm told it is now considered a "premium" value, Higher priced then the all stars.

Arielfan98
10-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Pop is more money than All Stars. I would normally recommend All Star Music or Movies, but it seems for your situation Pop is the best. Enjoy and have a great Birthday.

Middle of the Map
10-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Oh, I just found the answer to my own question in your post. Duh.... I was temporarily dazzled by all that pixie dust.

Have a great Birthday at Magic Kingdom. What a fabulous place to be on your special day.

emerzmom
10-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the thoughts on this. I think I will give Pop a try. I doubt it will become my favorite resort but it might be fun!
Thanks!
:tink:
Julie

brownie
10-29-2013, 10:52 PM
If you're not interested in staying at an All-Star resort, stay at Pop Century.

EJS-Houston
10-30-2013, 11:34 AM
I've stayed at All-Star Sports many times, and Pop only once...but I honestly greatly prefer Pop.

JerseyDad
10-30-2013, 11:58 AM
...even though POP is a higher "tier" ...I'd stay there for the theming and the dedicated buses.

....no need to get a "top price preferred location" room (pool view or poolside) ....but a preferred location in maybe the 50's buildings would be nice ...and quiet ...and close to the food, buses, and bar.

#1donaldfan
10-30-2013, 12:59 PM
POP over All Stars any day of the week !! When taking my CM, DD down to seasonally work we typically stay a night or two at a value and I've been to both and find POP far and above better than any of the All Star ones......:thumbsup:

Crow
10-30-2013, 02:48 PM
POP ive stayed at more than AS. and you can walk to AOA. its also more centrally located

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-31-2013, 09:16 AM
My personal preference is All Stars