PDA

View Full Version : Touring the World in November

GoldenAurora
10-27-2013, 02:42 PM
My fiancé and I are heading to WDW the week before Thanksgiving this year and I had a few questions.

1) We'll be staying at ASMo, which will be the first time I'll be staying on site since I was a toddler at the FW campgrounds. Our flight lands in Orlando about 10:30AM on 11/17 and we will take the Magical Express to the resort as we won't be renting a car. I know check-in is typically not until the afternoon, but we'd like to get to the parks as early as possible. Does Disney ever allow early check-in or will it be possible for us to leave our luggage at the hotel until we return that evening? Also, how long does the DME process generally take as far as getting on the bus and to the resort? We will only have carry-ons with us.

2) On a similar note, we check out on 11/20 but are using that as our last park day. My future FIL is picking us up from WDW as he lives in Gainesville and we will be spending the rest of our week there with him. He may or may not drive up early to visit the park with us, but if he doesn't would we again be able to leave our luggage at ASMo and pick it up when we leave?

3) The rest are just general questions regarding the time of year at the park as I generally go in the spring or summer. How is the weather this time of year? How about the crowds? Any useful tips or suggestions regarding navigating the bus system or things to do or see? I go pretty regularly but my fiancé hasn't been for a good 9 or 10 years.

Thanks in advance, all! Any advice is much appreciated. :)

vicster
10-27-2013, 03:19 PM
If your room is ready you can do early checkin. You might want to do online check in. If your room is not ready you can certainly get your passes and head to the parks. Also, on the day you checkout you can leave your luggage with bell services until you need them. Have a great trip!

faline
10-27-2013, 04:11 PM
It's possible your room will be ready early but not a guarantee. You can check in as soon as you arrive (or check-in on line ahead of time). If your room is not ready, you can have your luggage stored with bell services until you receive your room assignment. The desk should be able to e-mail or text you with your room number when it is available.

I would plan on 2 hours from getting off the airplane until arrival at your resort - could be less than that.

When you check out, you can certainly leave your luggage with bell services until you are ready to retrieve it.

Weather is generally pleasant during the day time hours though it is possible to get some chilly weather. Last year, we were there late October/early November and wore sweatshirts quite frequently - even during the day. Evenings can be cool - plan on jeans and sweatshirts. Crowds shouldn't be too bad the week before Thanksgiving - though I have heard the parks have been busier than usual of late so you might experience that as well.

Will you be using the fastpass+ system? If so, have you made your reservations? How about dining reservations?

GoldenAurora
10-27-2013, 05:05 PM
We were late bookers (only finalized flights and hotel last week) so I just customizing our MagicBands and made a lunch reservation for Coral Reef today. I still have to buy my fiance's ticket, which I was planning to do at my local Disney store before we left, but I have an old (as in 10+ years ago) no expiration 5-day park hopper that I plan on using and I don't think I'll be able to link it to the MagicBand to do Fastpass+ until we arrive. If the option is even available to us, that is. I've been hearing that only some guests have access to it?

faline
10-27-2013, 06:38 PM
I've been hearing that only some guests have access to it?

I think that is was to apply to all guests before your arrival date. Given the ticket information you supply, you may not be able to make advanced fastpass+ reservations.