PDA

View Full Version : The great Disney Expedition (part 2)

gueli
10-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Day 2 (Oct 14th, 2013)
Mission to Epcot.

Why is it that when you are tired and exhausted finding your way to a new resort takes far to many mistakes ? Once again I managed to make a wrong turn (or three) before staggering back to our room from the Magic Kingdom (actually we left from the contemporary)...
On our last trip to WDW some 3 years ago, my wife had a medical issue with her legs. In order for her to keep going I rented a scooter for the remainder of the week. She HATED it :mad:...Whether it was getting on one of the busses, to the hassles of getting around (the looks from other guests) to the hasses of storing it when eating... she had vowed to not allow this to happen again. And during those 3 years she has researched the issue, found ways to help prevent it and has promised herself that this trip she would not allow it to reoccur. Well after a very long day, which she pushed herself a little to much, it was flaring up again. So to keep herself healthy, she decided that she could not do another full day at a park. She wanted for myself and dd11 and dearest uncle john to go on without her. However, Uncle john voiced his own concern about pushing himself and decided to stay with my dear wife at the Art of Animation resort. We made arrangements to meet in the early part of the afternoon.
Now, I should say I am quite happy overall with Disney's my Magic + and the magic bands. But this was the one time it failed us. We were unable to move our 11 am Soarin' Fast pass + reservations. SIGH.
So that morning DD and I set off for EPCOT. We arrived around 9:30 AM and headed off to mission space (green line for us, because getting sick is not required). There was only a nominal wait. After spending time there, we fast passed it onto Soarin', and managed to get 2 more fastpasses for 7 pm (or so). My wife loves Soarin' also, and worse case scenario she would at least be able to ride it once. But I would be sad as I really love to ride this ride with the entire family.
Well, as it worked out, DD and I went on most every ride in future world. Even Ellen's Energy adventure, which dd liked. Now I should say that we did run into the RIO tour group/ groups again. One of the only rides that we did not get on was the lands boat ride, which had a tour group and an extended waiting time...
Around 3 PM, DW and Uncle met up with us and we traveled onto spaceship earth...
After that we had ADRs at Ashkerhaus with the princesses. Another lovely meal later we headed over to Soarin.
It was there that the magic began. DW tried using her magic band, but being 7 hours late, the CM at the gate could not let us on. She directed us to the desk where we ran into Michael. After explain our plight, he made sure that my wife was OK, and gave us Fast passes for our entire group. Again showing us how well Disney and its employees really try to make things as good as possible for their guests.
Honestly to me that was the highlight of the day.
We did travel around the world showcase a little, and we did watch Illuminations. Getting on the Bus was not bad, and we did not get lost...
But you have to love Disney :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-26-2013, 03:28 PM
sounds great thanks for the report

faline
10-26-2013, 05:31 PM
What a lovely suprise - how nice the cast member created some special magic for your family!

yjgirl32
10-28-2013, 08:18 AM
That is awesome Disney Magic. Thanks for sharing.

gueli
10-29-2013, 02:16 AM
Thanks all. I have to say how much that aspect of the story makes me happy.
:mickey: