PDA

View Full Version : Poly Construction update

Polynesian Dweller
10-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Things are moving very rapidly here this week and the look of the place is changing rapidly.

Sunset Point: almost all of the trees are down as of this morning and mounds of dirt everywhere. All of the lamps and torches have been removed. It appears from the stakes being put in that they might be reshaping the point. Right now it's kind of ugly.

Electric Water Pageant: there is a large yellow boom around sunset point and it's impacting the EWP. The turn to go back around the island is now tight and the two sets of barges can't string out in a long line. So the first set of barges are turning off their lights as they turn past Sunset Point. The Poly is not getting the full show at this time.

Tahiti Building: the garden view Sid is ok with no fencing but the rooms have not been updated. However, on the lagoon side the first floor is completely blocked by the green fencing and IMO not worth the standard room price they are asking. Second floor appears to be partially blocked and third floor clear but the area in front is a complete construction zone.

With construction noise it isn't very pleasant here at the Poly. I've talked to some of my contacts here and it appears nobody is happy about this DVC plan. We can only hope that the Poly spirit doesn't get lost in all of this.

buzznwoodysmom
10-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Things are moving very rapidly here this week and the look of the place is changing rapidly.

Sunset Point: almost all of the trees are down as of this morning and mounds of dirt everywhere. All of the lamps and torches have been removed. It appears from the stakes being put in that they might be reshaping the point. Right now it's kind of ugly.

Electric Water Pageant: there is a large yellow boom around sunset point and it's impacting the EWP. The turn to go back around the island is now tight and the two sets of barges can't string out in a long line. So the first set of barges are turning off their lights as they turn past Sunset Point. The Poly is not getting the full show at this time.

Tahiti Building: the garden view Sid is ok with no fencing but the rooms have not been updated. However, on the lagoon side the first floor is completely blocked by the green fencing and IMO not worth the standard room price they are asking. Second floor appears to be partially blocked and third floor clear but the area in front is a complete construction zone.

With construction noise it isn't very pleasant here at the Poly. I've talked to some of my contacts here and it appears nobody is happy about this DVC plan. We can only hope that the Poly spirit doesn't get lost in all of this.

I have been reading about all of this on Tikiman' s FB page. So sad! I have a feeling the Poly so many knew and loved will not feel the same. Can only hope that when all is said and done it still maintains the spirit we've grown to love.

RedSoxFan
10-24-2013, 05:13 PM
I so wanted to stay there for my upcoming trip and had it booked. But I ended up switching to GF because of the construction. And judging by the pics I've seen; I'm glad I did.

cather74
10-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Will sunset point be gone? I watched the fireworks there since I was little. Wanted to bring my kids there. Please tell me it will still be there.....:(

Polynesian Dweller
10-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Will sunset point be gone? I watched the fireworks there since I was little. Wanted to bring my kids there. Please tell me it will still be there.....:(

I watched the surveyors staking things today and it's definitely getting modified. How much is the question. It certainly will not look the same and I'd guess from the stakes that it is being lowered and perhaps at least moved back a bit and rounded off.