PDA

View Full Version : Mid-November VS Early December Weather

dntccc
10-20-2013, 07:57 PM
We are planning our first Christmas season trip to WDW. We have never been when the decorations are up. We can go either 11/15 - 11/21 or 12/6 - 12/12. From my research, crowd levels will be relatively low either time. One factor we are looking at is if all Christmas decorations at all parks will be up at both times. I have another thread where I have asked that question. What I would like to address in this thread is the weather. I have read that the weather can vary greatly in December. How is it generally during mid-November?

sorcerer fan
10-21-2013, 09:37 AM
both times you have listed will have all the christmas decorations up. only thing with dec is the first weekend in dec is the taping of the christmas show for ABC. crowds in MK are insane for those. and the tree is down in MK for the taping too. goes up after they leave

sonamae80
10-21-2013, 09:44 AM
The weather is usually very nice during the day time, but at night, and early morning, it can get a little chilly! When we went, I can remember dressing in layers so that they could be taken off during the hotter part of the day, but put back on when it got cooler! It's a beautiful time at WDW! Have fun! ;)

Strmchsr
10-21-2013, 10:25 AM
In general mid-November is comfortable and dry. Rain is possible, but it tends to be a drier month. December is the wetter and more unpredictable of the two months. November will also have lower crowds. December has grown very popular. However, the Epcot Christmas events don't start until after Thanksgiving so you would miss those.

BelleBeauty
10-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Our last trip was right before Thanksgiving. We arrived the Thursday night (the week before) and stayed through the day before Thanksgiving.

Weather: same as what other posters have said. You need layers as it may start off chilly, get hotter during the days and get cooler again. Typical Florida weather, though we didn't have the rain you can experience in warmer months. We did go in the pool one evening, so it was still warm enough to do that (and pools are heated).

Decorations: I would NOT assume all holiday decorations will be up. There will definitely be some and enough to satisfy your craving, but earlier in November they will not all be up. We stay at CSR and actually there were a lot of construction walls up in various places because they were in the process of adding the decorations at that point. The parks had some (may have been completed) and I think the deluxe resorts had theirs up. The lower priced resorts may still be catching up. It is a multi-week process to get it all in.

Crowds: We really enjoyed our time there. The first few days were really great, no crowds. A lot of people started arriving the Sunday before Thanksgiving (had the most problems in DHS since there are tight corners there). But even the day before Thanksgiving when we left, we were able to go to MK and ride every major ride (except HM) before we left at noon.

dntccc
10-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks to everyone for your replies. We have decided to go 12/7 - 12/13. We want to be there for the Epcot Christmas events as well. We will just go prepared for cold to warm weather.