PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Season Question for HS and EP

dntccc
10-20-2013, 07:02 PM
I found about when the Christmas decorations and happenings at MK and HS start. From what I found and was told when I called, I think this is November 8. However, I am having a more difficult time finding what is done for Christmas at EP and AK. I found they do a Candlelight Processional (CP) at EP and a Christmas themed parade at AK. It looks as if the CP at EP does not start until Nov. 29. From what I found, it looks as if the Christmas parade at AK starts earlier in November. I saw a schedule where it was already happening around 11/14 for example. I think this is called the Merry Jingle Jingle Parade? What all is done at EP and AK for Christmas? We are season pass holders and have never been during the Christmas decorations/happenings. We originally planned to go 11/15 - 11/21 thinking all the Christmas happenings would be up and running. We are somewhat flexible with the dates. Our main concern is to avoid the crowds. From what I have found, the time we picked is supposed to be relatively low crowds. We could go the first or second week in December as well. Would we miss a lot of the Christmas decorations/happenings at EP and/or AK if we go our planned dates in November?

faline
10-21-2013, 11:23 AM
The holiday themed parade is about the only thing that happens at Animal Kingdom.

The holidays in Epcot begin on November 29th which is when the Candlelight Processional begins and when the countries begin their storytelling etc. (Each country has presentations on their holiday traditions so one might be about Ramadan and another about Santa Claus.