PDA

View Full Version : Bunk bed at Port Orleans Riverside?

donnine
10-20-2013, 05:27 PM
It decribes a pull down bunk bed at PO Riverside. I can't see anything like that in their photo gallery. Anyone know what it is? Also--What is the difference in the "Royal Guest Rooms " and just regular rooms? Thanks!:mickey:

Strmchsr
10-20-2013, 06:01 PM
I don't know about the bunk beds at POR. I know some rooms have a bed that pulls out from underneath the main bed. It's for a child but not an adult.

As for the Royal Rooms, I really like those. They're more expensive, but very well themed. The story is that all of the other princesses wanted to welcome Tiana and so donated something representing them for her room. So the room is filled with all sorts of cool decorations representing the various Disney princesses. It's very well done and doesn't feel "girly." Even my boys loved the room. There's also cool fiber-optic fireworks over the bed that you can set off.

Melanie
10-20-2013, 06:42 PM
They aren't trundle beds anymore. With the Alligator Bayou refurbishment, they installed pull down beds/benches. During the day, the bed can be put in the up position and it's a bench. Pull it down at night and it's a child size bed.

The Royal Rooms are amazing. Very well done, and not too Princessy, if you will.

#1donaldfan
10-21-2013, 02:19 PM
As Melanine has stated, the trundles have been replaced with the pull down Murphy Beds.....I think that's what they're called. I have seen pictures of them, however have never stayed in a room with them. My sister has and rather liked them.....:cool:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-21-2013, 05:08 PM
As Melanine has stated, the trundles have been replaced with the pull down Murphy Beds.....I think that's what they're called. I have seen pictures of them, however have never stayed in a room with them. My sister has and rather liked them.....:cool:

We've stayed in them. Yes, the trundles are gone, there are no bunks, its a pull down Murphy Bed. When closed its a bench and it also offers three drawers under neath, which is needed as the POR-AB rooms lost a lot of storage space in the room redesigns.

I don't want to list the site here, but if you do google searches you can find pictures of both the Royal rooms and the redesigned POR-AB rooms pretty easy.