PDA

View Full Version : French Quater not included in free dining?

dismommy
10-20-2013, 09:30 AM
I am starting to look at planning a trip for next fall and wanted to try and go when I thought free dining may be offered in oct/nov, but then I heard that the French Quarter was excluded from the offer this year. Does anyone know if this is the case?

VWL Mom
10-20-2013, 09:47 AM
There were a few resorts excluded from the most recent free dining promo and POFQ was one of them. The full list of exclusions was:

•3-Bedroom Villas
•Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
•Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
•Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
•The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

vicster
10-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Just a heads up - we just went 10/11/13 - 10/18 13 and there was no free dining for that week at all. I found out why - WDW was packed. Not sure if Columbus Day had anything to do with it. I know the food and wine festival was going on but there was an offer for free dining before and after we went. We usually go in September and we were shocked at the crowds -it was like going in the summer.

kakn7294
10-21-2013, 12:22 AM
With POFQ being a smaller resort, it tends to fill up faster than some of the others. Disney has been limiting the discounts there in order to redirect people like me who are budget-minded to other moderate resorts with a better discount. In June, the discount was only 5 or 10% at POFQ but 25 - 30% at the other moderates so we ended up at CBR instead of POFQ like I wanted.

Brooklynos
10-21-2013, 10:51 PM
We have free dining for all three rooms at POFQ however we received a pin for it prior to it being released for general public. My guess is the pins they sent out took the available free dining slots.....