PDA

View Full Version : Girl's weekend Shenanigans Sunday Day 4

kerry827
10-20-2013, 12:28 AM
Sunday OCt 13 check out day

We were up early and dropped off our luggage with the luggage handlers. They were going to hold our luggage for later. It is a really great system they have. Our magical express wasn't picking us up til 6:25pm so we had a full day in the parks :)

Ate another breakfast in POP...waffles and pancakes round 2.

Then headed to Hollywood Studios. Another wait for a bus...prob about 30 mins. which we found odd since it was first thing in the am.

We had fast passes on our bands for Toy Story, Tower of Terror, and Rockin Roller Coaster. As soon as we entered Hollywood Studios we headed to the great movie ride. walked nearly right on. Then we went to cash in our fast passes to Toy Story. Thank GOD we had them on our bands.... it was a 120 minute standby wait and there were NO regular fast passes available for the day. It was a our first time in all of our visits riding it and it was great. Don't know that I would wait 2 hours though.

We then took the BackLot Tour and met the guys from Monsters Inc. Stopped to enjoy a curbside performance of the rock cover band Mulch Sheers and something. (i don't remember) They were VERY VERY funny and they asked my sis to be part of their skit. It was a fun way to relax for a few. Then headed to cash in our fast passes to Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster. This was the only glitch we hit.... as we entered Rockin Roller we were stopped bcz the bands didn't register...eventually we went through then we waited and waited and waited...over 30 minutes. (the posted standby time was only 20) so you know my blood was boiling. Also because of the really long wait we were now late for our lunch ressie.

Lunch ressie was at Prime Time Cafe and we arrived 20 minutes for it. They wouldn't sit us and although there weren't many people waiting told us it could be more than an hour wait for a table. Disney sent me an email explaining the glitch and offered us fast passes anywhere else in the park but I didn't see it until we had already left. The wait wasn't worth it as we wanted to head to Downtown Disney anyway and would just grab something there. (and again we are on a time crunch)

We decided it would only be a few bucks to grab a cab and so we did. In the cab we used the app on our phones to find a place to eat downtown and Planet Hollywood had immediate seating. We went there... and waited 20 minutes to sit and then another 20 before we were acknowledged. All total we were stuck at Planet Hollywood for over 2 hours.... which was so ridiculous. They even tried giving us free apps because of the wait.

We literally raced through DownTown Disney shopping and hit only our faves. Aside: thanks to the staff at the XMAS shop for helping me when an ornament shattered in my hands. they were so friendly.

After our marathon shopping we headed back to POP to catch our Magical Express. We loaded our suitcases with our souvenirs and boarded.... we were so happy to see it was ERIC the same driver we had coming. And. he remembered us! Also, they showed us another Disney video and Eric SANG again. It was very nice.

At the airport things turned ugly at the Spirit counter.... on the way out of NJ they never weighed our luggage so we assumed we were ok. Well, in Orlando they did and we over...because Spirit's policy is 40 lbs not 50 like every other airline. They kept making us get on and off line and we had to juggle our stuff and ultimately even though we had to pay originally to bring any bag one of us had another surcharge to pay. I can't say I would NEVER fly Spirit again but I would seriously search for another airline first.

Last thoughts: This quick trip happened because of strategic planning. If you don't want to be disappointed you definitely have to plan. Disney can't always be the relaxing vacation if you expect to cover alot of ground.

Also Disney never ceases to amaze me how much things change and how careful they are with how things run. They also don't miss a chance to make a $$ :)

Magic Bands-- They will make it possible to plan to hit the 3 things each day that you want...but I think they have some kinks to work out. Overall I think it will enhance your trip :)

Next trip--- AUGUST 2014..... who is coming?!?!? :mickey: :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the reports

Pocahontas
10-20-2013, 02:32 PM
I've enjoyed reading your posts. I can't believe all you did in a quick trip. Sounded fun though!:mickey:

faline
10-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Some glitches on your last day but, overall, it sounds like you had a fun, whirlwind of a weekend trip!!

yjgirl32
10-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Great report. We too had problems with Planet Hollywood. Won't go back anytime soon.

emerzmom
10-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Your trip was short but sounded like there was a lot of fun and magic in spite of a few glitches. Thanks for sharing your trip.
:tink:
Julie

KylesMom
10-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Crazy, hectic, insane, rushed . . . . one last great day at Disney! :mickey: Thanks for sharing your trip with us - what fun!

vizsla
10-29-2013, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the report.