PDA

View Full Version : girl's weekend Shenanigans Saturday Day 3

kerry827
10-20-2013, 12:01 AM
Saturday, Oct 12 Epcot Food and Wine

We were up early once again but this time ate in POP for a quick breakfast. Waffles and pancakes for everyone :mickey:

Headed to Epcot for opening or close to it. The wait for the bus wasn't tragic and we entered Epcot just after 9. We had fast passes on our bands for Future World attractions so we hit Soarin first. SO glad we had these magic bands and that we preselected our fast passes. The wait for stand by lines were extraordinarily long and the regular fast pass times were for much later in the day.

After Soarin we hit Living with the Land and then cooled off with some samples of Coke in the cooling station. Then we hit the new Test Track... so neat that you can now design your own car. After Test Track, we browsed a few stores then decided to head into Food & Wine.

Food & Wine- OBSCENELY CROWDED and I have never in all my years visiting Disney seen so many drunks in Epcot. It was boiling hot out so I am not sure how they were even drinking that much. I am not a stick in the mud & I have many many times enjoyed drinks in Epcot. However, I am saying that this was a different vibe. There were groups of people wearing home made t-shirts just getting plastered...traveling country to country and ordering more and more drinks. It was a complete let down for those of us who wanted to explore and sample :( Disney was very efficient with the lines but the sheer amount of people was insane.

Because of the heat, the lines, and the drunks we skipped many countries.... this is a list of what I sampled and what I thought...

Make sure you stop at the beginning to pick up a free "passport" for Food & Wine. They have all the countries (&their menus) and kiosks listed in order starting at the Mexico side.

Australia- garlic shrimp with roasted tomatoes, lemon myrtle, & rapini. : 3 shrimp of yum :thumbsup: My friend had the lamb chop and said it was the best she has ever had.

Mexico- Shrimp Taco with purple cabbage: Good but spicy. Friends had the sangria- said it was ok and the beef tacos... also just ok

South Korea- Friends had the lettuce wraps: enjoyed.

Cheese Friends had Blue Cheese Souffle... enjoyed it despite the heat.

Germany Couldnt get near the place :(

Poland We had the keilbasa & potato pierogi and the zapiekanki (homeade bread) It was good if you wanted to eat fire. The bread had a home made ketchup that literally cleared my sinuses.

Italy Ravioli.... most delicious ravs I have ever had. Also went to the back of the Pavilion and sampled their pizza. VERY good and their berry lemonade slushie... very refreshing.

Hops & Barley Lobster tal with garlic butter....i could die a happy woman with that garlic butter. It was delicious.

We stopped here for break from the heat and people (or so we thought) and to charge our phones in the Chase lounge. It was VERY VERY crowded with people sprawled everywhere. We had to wait to get in and people were taking each other's seats. We finally settled in on the floor by an electrical outlet.They did provide free refreshments and a bathroom. Lots of guys crowded the tv for college football.

After that break, we were even more annoyed with the other guests in the park because most had been drinking for a good part of the day. We skipped a lot of places....

Belgium Belgian Waffle with warm choc ganache.... very fresh. wanted a bigger portion LOL

France Friend had the escargots said they were good. Then we went into their regular bakery and bought macarons. (french cookie really taking over in the US) I think I could get better in NYC for sure. Then we went into their ice cream store and had a macaron ice cream sandwich. NOW THAT WAS DELICIOUS. there were no words for it LOL

We quickly passed through the rest of the countries without really stopping. We were disappointed by the crowds and just were feeling done. We headed to Spaceship Earth then decided to grab some sodas before settling in for fireworks. I went back to the refreshment port and got a frozen smores drink. nice end of the evening.

We had fast passed the seating location for Illuminations and the seats were great...they were right behind the tower souvenir stores. Perfect if it weren't for the people around us. The women behind us were nasty and although nice the family to our right kept their HUGE stroller against the fence and then let their kids stand around it blocking some of our view.

Afterwards we headed back to POP.... bus wait not too bad.... a family let their relative (9 of them) cut us and laughed it off as oh they are family. We barely made the bus. So rude.

Back at pop we put our feet in the pool and checked out the souvenir shop before heading back to the room to pack.... Sunday we would be checking out :(

another tink
10-20-2013, 09:09 AM
I like a drink but in moderation. I couldn't drink to the point as some guests and stay on my feet. :sick: Disney is not the place to get drunk. :ack:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Too bad about the drunks thanks for reporting

retiredfigment
10-20-2013, 11:54 AM
I really enjoyed your posts. 40 days out and I can't wait. Couldn't agree more with you about EPCOT. Last year we were there on a Sat. and when we saw the group in togas, yes, togas, we decided to leave and come back another day. Sorry you didn't have the opportunity.

faline
10-20-2013, 03:00 PM
The day sounds like it was a bit of a mixed bag - you got in the rides you wanted but, unfortunately, didn't get to enjoy the usual Epcot atmosphere around World Showcase.

vicster
10-20-2013, 03:08 PM
We were there Saturday, October 12th and someone got drunk and injured 3 cast members. The police were called and he was arrested. Not very classy at all.

kerry827
10-20-2013, 03:19 PM
I should mention that in all my trips to EPCOT this was the first time I had seen multiple sets of EMTS in the park. I really have never seen emergency personnel in any Disney Park. I did read about that incident which I could totally see happening again if Disney doesn't monitor the EPCOT drinking. Ultimately if someone is going to be irresponsible in their drinking and Disney continues to serve them, Disney is partially liable for whatever occurs. I am not sure of how the Floridian law reads but in NJ if you serve someone beyond the point of intoxication and they cause a drunk driving accident or even themselves OD on alcohol the consequences fall on whoever served someone beyond the point of no return. Disney needs to get the food and wine under control.

yjgirl32
10-21-2013, 11:34 AM
We went to the F&W three years ago and it was getting bad with so man drunks. I wasn't thrilled with it. Glad you had a good time. I hate packing day.

emerzmom
10-22-2013, 11:51 AM
I am glad you enjoyed many things at the park however I have also witnessed some of the "over served" crowd at this event. I have to agree that WDW is not the place to get drunk. It is one thing to enjoy an alcoholic beverage and totally another to get blasted...especially at a place like WDW. I can see how it would be a little difficult in this setting to control the alcohol consumption. Not sure what the answer is.
Glad you still found some magic!
:tink:
Julie

KylesMom
10-24-2013, 02:51 PM
It sounds like you had a delightful day with all of the food selections - but dealing with all of the intoxicated folks? Not so much. :( We've seen that at Epcot often in recent years, and it really does spoil the day if you have a chance encounter with one (or several) of these bozos. It also is NOT pretty when they try and cut these folks off - we've seen the fallout from that too.

I hope that the good outweighed the bad, and that your memories of this day will be a good one - if for no other reason than all of the wonderful food you were able to sample! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

vizsla
10-25-2013, 04:24 AM
Thanks for the report.