PDA

View Full Version : Girl's weekend shenanigans Thurs Day 1

kerry827
10-19-2013, 09:39 PM
The only way to extend your Disney vacation is to report back to everyone when you get home :) I remember the little details too so get ready....Here goes....

Thurs Oct 10- Flew from Atlantic City, NJ to Orlando on Spirit Air.... word to the wise it's is convenient because the AC airport is WAY less congested than the others in our area but the Spirit flight may not be the cheapest with the extra fees...more on that later....

Our flight left NJ at 6:15pm and we landed a bit early than expected but then had to taxi around runway for whatever extra minutes we had. We found the Magical Express relatively easily BUT that is because we had used it before. If you are a first timer don't look for signage in the airport as we didn't see that much. The magical express was pretty efficient. The resorts are divided up so that you are not all on one bus. Ours went to the Art of Animation, Pop, and the AK lodge. Eric, our driver, loaded our bags and we didn't have to touch them again until our room. Eric was very welcoming.... they show a video on the bus about Disney and than as we rode under the Disney gateway ERIC SANG TO US... It was very sweet!!! Anyway, seeing that the flight and the express were taking longer than we had allotted for we worried about catching our 10pm ressies at O'hana that night. We called them and sent 2 of us by cab right away from the first stop of the Express.

The other 2 of us went to POP to check in. We explained at POP of our rush and they checked us in VERY quickly. They took our bags to our room while we cabbed it over to dinner. More on POP later....

It is a 20 cab ride to Poly from POP in case you are wondering. We didn't have any other real options due to our time constraint. During our cab ride, Ohana had the 2 we sent ahead call us and ask us how hungry we were because they wanted to cook enough meat LOL And since they close @ 11 they didn't want to not have enough or make too much. Once at the Poly we ran off to dinner and the nice folks at Ohana allowed us to sit 30 mins beyond our ressie. IT WAS DELICIOUS. We ate like queens!!!! And, to celebrate our arrival we drank like sailors :secret: J/K we did though each have a Lapu-Lapu from a hollowed out pineapple. ALSO DELICOUS

After dinner we walked over to the POLY ferry launch but it was closed so we instead took the monorail to MK and got some cute pics from outside the park with the autumn decor. Because there was a Not-So-Scarey party happening we were able to catch a bus back to POP from MK. The wait was no more than 10 mins for the bus.

Back at POP, athough we had paid for the preferred room, we found ourselves NOT that close to the bus stop. We were in the 70's 4th floor. Lately, we have been staying in the mods or even when the price is right at the deluxe resorts so back at POP we realized how tight the space was. We weren't thrilled with POP at all but since we truly would only be sleeping and showering there we just rolled with it.

By the time we got back to the room and got all situated it was 1am and since many of us had already worked a full day we were EXHAUSTED and a bit slap happy.... apologies to room 6405 for the laughing. We finally all crashed knowing we were to be up by 6 the next am.

SBETigg
10-19-2013, 10:37 PM
I love shenanigans! What a fun first day! Lots of rushing, but you managed to get to 'Ohana and soak in some atmosphere, lovely.

Pocahontas
10-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Sounded fun! I don't think I would be able to go bed at 1:00 and get up at 6:00 though. I'll have to read on to see how you managed. But you're at Disney and that will probably give you the extra energy.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Wow that's little more than a nap hope you're not too sleepy the next day

faline
10-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Getting to your reservation was pretty tight for timing - glad you made it!! What a hectic start to your trip!!

yjgirl32
10-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Sounds like fun.

vizsla
10-22-2013, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the report.

emerzmom
10-22-2013, 11:32 AM
This sounds like the start of a very fun trip!
:tink:
Julie

KylesMom
10-22-2013, 01:59 PM
we did though each have a Lapu-Lapu from a hollowed out pineapple. ALSO DELICOUS
THIS is the way to start out your Disney vacation! :papple: Although you really had to push to get to your ADR, it sounds like it was very enjoyable. LOVE Ohana!

I can imagine the room did seem a bit small when you're used to staying in moderates or deluxes. This past October I stayed at ASMusic for the first time in 8 years, and it certainly took some getting used to.

Gee, love that word - shenanigans . . . . guess I better high-tail it to your next post! :mickey: