PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Springs Pool at VWL closed

VWL Mom
10-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Work began earlier in the week at Hidden Springs Pool and is expected to go to the end of November. This is part of Disney's announcement last month regarding gating all pools. Originally they had said it would not apply to quiet pools but it looks like that has changed.

I must admit I am a huge fan of this pool and hope that they can maintain the tranquil setting it previously afforded quests. Because of all the shrubs/trees that surround it, a dark green fence would probably blend in nicely.

vicster
10-19-2013, 02:18 PM
I heard them working at the pool this past week but didn't know they were putting a fence around it. I cannot imagine how a fence would look around the other pool...

BugeyedMuggy
10-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Is this pool closed for now. We check in Oct 31st and it will be our 1st stay at the VWL. Hope not this will really dampen our relaxing trip.

VWL Mom
10-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Sorry to say it closed on Oct 15 and is expected to stay closed through November 15.

vicster
10-19-2013, 05:18 PM
It was closed last week but the main pool was open

BugeyedMuggy
10-20-2013, 07:27 AM
Sorry to say it closed on Oct 15 and is expected to stay closed through November 15.

Tragic. Knew we should have booked our last 3 nites at AKL. Wanted some relaxing down time after the BWV and F&WF.

VWL Mom
10-20-2013, 09:43 AM
It may be hard to get in AKL at this point, have your tried? Although not perfect I think you'll still be able to find your relaxing down time at VWL.

The lounges on the beach are very peaceful, in all our trips I very rarely see anyone there other than us. When the villa pool is closed seating at the main pool can get a bit noisy so we normally swim/dip and then go to the beach. (grabbing a drink at Trout Pass enroute :marg::beer::blush: ) It's just a few steps but the sound difference is amazing.

Enjoy!

BugeyedMuggy
10-20-2013, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=VWL Mom;2382079]It may be hard to get in AKL at this point, have your tried? Although not perfect I think you'll still be able to find your relaxing down time at VWL.
The lounges on the beach are very peaceful, in all our trips I very rarely see anyone there other than us. When the villa pool is closed seating at the main pool can get a bit noisy so we normally swim/dip and then go to the beach. (grabbing a drink at Trout Pass enroute :marg::beer::blush: ) It's just a few steps but the sound difference is amazing.

Thanks for the positive spin on this. I like how you look at the glass mostly full :marg::beer:

VWL Mom
11-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Just curious if anyone has been since the fencing has been installed and what the feedback is on how it looks. I haven't been able to find any photos online.

Christine
12-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Just curious if anyone has been since the fencing has been installed and what the feedback is on how it looks. I haven't been able to find any photos online.

I was there last Friday night. No fencing. There are jets at the bottom of the pool throughout. Looks like a giant hot tub. :thumbsup: next time I'm out ill snap a picture for you. :)

VWL Mom
12-01-2013, 02:29 PM
I was there last Friday night. No fencing. There are jets at the bottom of the pool throughout. Looks like a giant hot tub. :thumbsup: next time I'm out ill snap a picture for you. :)

Thanks Christine, so no gating after all just a refurb? That's a nice surprise.