PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands arrived, time for a pre-trip report!

DisneyBarb
10-18-2013, 07:02 PM
So excited when I got home and the box with the magic bands were on the counter waiting for me!

I did a semi pre-trip report but that was before, free dining, magic bands, fp+, ADRs' and Poly construction.

Who, DH, DD, DS and myself!
When - Nov 16 - 21st
Where - Poly!
How - JetBlue

When I booked the trip with Karen from MJ (awesome as usual!), free dining had not been announced (thanks Karen for getting it for me!) I had barely heard about magic bands, and never thought I would have a Disney Experience app on my phone, (I was resistant as I did not want to be obsessing about wait times etc and always looking at my phone).

I'am a planner and was not sure that I really wanted to book my FP, however with that said, I do like to know that we will get on our favorite rides.

I won't go day by day on our plans, but we have been many times we will have a good amount of downtime.

We have FP booked for all but 1 day. I thought it was interesting that I could not book them for EMH, I'm guessing this is because non disney resort guess can have Magic bands also (in the future)?

ADR's Ohanas, Liberty Tree Tavern, Tusker house (breakfast), Chef Mickeys (breakfast), Teppan

My daughter may try parasailing

We will spend a good amount of time relaxing on the balcony or pool.

We love the Osbourne lights and drinking hot chocolate on Main Street!

We are celebrating a 25th wedding anniversary (we stayed at the Poly on our Honeymoon), and my daughters graduation from H.S. this year (a little early but we love going in November!)

I discovered podcast since my last visit, so listening to these and Disney music has helped me get through since the last visit!

I can't wait to go and report back!

Tiggerlovr9000
10-18-2013, 08:45 PM
So excited for you. Have an amazing time. A family trip to wdw is what we did for our 25th too. Happy anniversary...

MrPeetrie
10-18-2013, 09:17 PM
DisneyBarb, I am getting excited just reading about your excitement / enthusiasm. Have a great trip. Let us know how things worked out!

RedSoxFan
10-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Have a great time. We will be there the week before. :mickey:

Pocahontas
10-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned!

By the way, I also use Karen from Magical Journey's and agree that she is awesome!:thumbsup:

faline
10-20-2013, 02:44 PM
You're staying at my favorite resort!! Sounds like a great trip with lots to celebrate!!