PDA

View Full Version : extremely picky eater... different ideas?

ldc12377
10-18-2013, 02:43 PM
My DS14 is an extremely picky eater. His main picks are pastas, pizza and cinnamon rolls. We usually try to stick to buffets for the table service because they usually have some kind of pizza or pasta that he will eat. We run into trouble when we try to eat quick-service around the worlds.... Italy has no quick-service and very little pasta anywhere. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you work around it? I usually give in and just let him eat cinn. rolls from Norway or ice cream from anywhere else. HELP!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-18-2013, 07:16 PM
I almost hate to admit it, but I'm rather picky myself, and DH is rather adventureous, so it can drive him a bit crazy.

In World Showcase, DH usually eats where he wants, and I get something at LIberty Inn (America). It is plain food, nuggets, hamburgers, etc and that way we're both happy.

At 14, he's also old enough to help with some of the planning (if that's his thing), he can look at menus, and help pick places where there are things he think he wouldn't mind.

mechanic
10-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Not to sound mean, but at 14 he can certainly pi k what he wants. No reason everyone has to eat same place. My wife and I pick a spot and anyone who doesn't want that can find something else.
But...Pinocchio house has nice selection. China has lomein (pasta).

Middle of the Map
10-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Young teens tend to be picky about all sorts of things, food being one of them. That shouldn't mean you and the rest of the family are stuck eating the same things over and over. A 14-year-old won't starve to death if he can't find something he likes on a certain menu. Although he does risk scurvy eating only pizza, pasta and cinnamon rolls. :D

SBETigg
10-19-2013, 09:02 PM
We would always ask our kids to try other things, just try, and if it didn't work out, we would then buy them what they wanted in the first place. It seems a little extreme maybe but it usually worked out that they ended up liking what they tried, tried new things, and we didn't end up actually buying two meals most of the time. They're usually willing to try new things if personal risk is reduced, like that's not their only food option in case they don't like it.

I realize this won't work for everyone. We are big on expanding horizons and trying new things and really tried to instill that in the kids, though. Being picky and sticking to limited options was simply not an acceptable for us, and the kids expanded their tastes and grew as a result. Though, yes, on occasion, it cost us an extra counter service meal at a second location later. Well worth it. We now have two adult, well-rounded. try-anything-once kids, as far as food options anyway. :)

Arielfan98
10-20-2013, 09:07 PM
The Chinese pavilion offers egg rolls and the Mexican pavilion has tacos and chips and salsa. Also the American pavilion has hamburgers, fries, chicken tenders. Sunshine Seasons offers roasted chicken, mongolian beef, sweet and sour chicken, rice, caesar salad and sandwiches.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Here are some CS places you may be able to try:

Downtown Disney-wolfgang puck express
Magic Kingdom-Pinnochio Village Hause
Animal Kingdom-Pizzafari
DHS-Catalina Eddie's or toy Story Pizza
Epcot-Liberty Inn-I see they have pasta and marinara on the kids menu I don't see why they couldn't fix a larger serving if needed

texasdisneymom
10-24-2013, 12:37 PM
I completely understand your challenge! My little one would just not eat rather than eat something she doesn't want. The Boardwalk is adjacent to the countries and the boardwalk resort has a pizza window where you can pick up pizza by the slice!

Patricia
10-24-2013, 03:48 PM
I was going to suggest the pizza at the Boardwalk as well. Also Via Nopoli, although a sit down, is reasonably priced if you share a large pizza.

Scott C
10-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Don't write off Biergarten.... lots to choose from there.

Thanks
Scott C