PDA

View Full Version : Just One More Fast Pass Plus Question - Promise

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Ok, just one more fast pass plus question before everyone starts screaming about them.....is the old fast pass system that we all have know over the years still operating in Disney or is all gone and replaced with the new fast pass plus. After booking yesterday for my November trip, I got an email asking to take part in the test pilot program of fast pass plus so that made me think, it is completely functioning or still just being tested.

faline
10-18-2013, 12:46 PM
When I was there in August, both systems were running simultaneously. I'm not sure how quickly they will phase out the old system. I think it will depend on when they work the glitches out of the new system.

Capt_redshirt
10-18-2013, 12:47 PM
While FP+ is in testing the regular fast pass system is still being used the moment they officially roll out FP+ the old system is going to go away

MW1218
10-18-2013, 01:37 PM
If you have a Magic Band, is it even possible to get a FastPass ticket out of the kiosk?

clarkee
10-18-2013, 02:04 PM
While there during the first week of October both systems were running. Upon checkin we were asked if we also wanted KTTW cards just in case. I said yes and we brought them to the park everyday. The bands worked fine but with only three fastpasses we used the cards to get more. Use the KTTW cards just like you always have to get a paper ticket.

I was told by the cast members that when the system for fast passes is fully operational the KTTW cards will be phased out but no idea on date.

Be aware that there are some attractions that you can only get a fastpass online using the magic bands. Eg. Tomorrowland Speedway in Magic Kingdom.

Have fun on your trip

buzznwoodysmom
10-18-2013, 02:59 PM
While there during the first week of October both systems were running. Upon checkin we were asked if we also wanted KTTW cards just in case. I said yes and we brought them to the park everyday. The bands worked fine but with only three fastpasses we used the cards to get more. Use the KTTW cards just like you always have to get a paper ticket.

I was told by the cast members that when the system for fast passes is fully operational the KTTW cards will be phased out but no idea on date.

Be aware that there are some attractions that you can only get a fastpass online using the magic bands. Eg. Tomorrowland Speedway in Magic Kingdom.

Have fun on your trip
Question. Did you use your KTTW card to get into the parks, or did you use your magic bands? I ask this because in the past you could not get FPs with a card that hadn't been used to enter the park.

Unless the band and card are linked in a way that once you enter the park with either they are both recognized as "active" for that day.