PDA

View Full Version : Royal Pacific - need reviews and info

Middle of the Map
10-18-2013, 12:28 PM
I am staying at the Royal Pacific hotel for the very first time, and I need info from folks who have stayed there recently. What is your opinion of the hotel regarding rooms, dining, location, service...

Thanks for your input.

Aurora
10-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Not a recent stay, but we had a great time when we stayed there in June 2011. The hotel was beautiful, room was lovely and clean, the pool was one of the best we've ever experienced, and the service, at the front and concierge desks as well as the restaurants, was excellent. We were very pleased.

As far as location, it's a short and pleasant walk to the Universal theme parks, or they also have a boat service, which we didn't use.

RedSoxandPatsfan
10-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Not a recent stay, but we had a great time when we stayed there in June 2011. The hotel was beautiful, room was lovely and clean, the pool was one of the best we've ever experienced, and the service, at the front and concierge desks as well as the restaurants, was excellent. We were very pleased.

As far as location, it's a short and pleasant walk to the Universal theme parks, or they also have a boat service, which we didn't use.

This is what we found too. We did use the boats though the kids loved it. Sometimes we would split and race the group in the boat. We had a wonderful stay there and recommend it to others.

Kenny1113
10-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Mine was really not a recent stay -2005. But I loved royal pacific. We had a good sized room with a sitting room as well. We could see the hulk coaster from our room! The staff was wonderful! Only a short walk to either IOA (closer) or US (a little further).

Travelfanatic1
10-20-2013, 10:03 AM
We stayed at the Royal Pacific in Jan. 2012 with our granddaughter, the rooms were very nice and as someone pointed out the walk to the parks was a perk.

The Harry Potter ride was fun (we got up at 5:00 am to get in line for 3 hours) and then they closed the park off to other guests because it was full.

The hotel staff was very nice and the wait staff in the pool area were amazing.

We enjoyed our stay very much but there is just something about that "Diseny Magic" (heading to Disney in November)

Middle of the Map
10-20-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm really excited about my stay after reading all the reviews.

Only downside is they serve Starbucks coffee in the restaurant. Oh well, I guess I'll have to find some place that has non-Starbucks coffee.

MizMissy
10-21-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm really excited about my stay after reading all the reviews.

Only downside is they serve Starbucks coffee in the restaurant. Oh well, I guess I'll have to find some place that has non-Starbucks coffee.

They have Keurig coffee makers in the room with Emeril's coffee, or you can bring your own!

We had a very nice trip to the Royal Pacific in May. A nice sized room (but I think Hard Rock may have been bigger), but a very big hotel. It took a little while to learn all the passage ways, but several gift shops, restaurants, bars and a nice lobby to explore. I enjoyed the theme. The pool area was nice also. My kids were disappointed there was not a slide, but they had fun in the water play area.

Have a great trip and let us know how it went!

Middle of the Map
10-21-2013, 12:41 PM
I will post my experiences at the hotel when I return. I'm thankful there are folks on Intercot that are willing to share their ideas. It is very helpful.

mgmnut
10-23-2013, 12:33 PM
We stayed at Royal pacific just this past August and loved it. We are planning a universal Only trip for a few days next year we liked it so much.

My kids loved the pool area, I loved the pool side bar! :beer::marg:

The hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating.

NJGIRL
10-31-2013, 10:22 AM
We have stayed at the Royal Pacific three times now, in fact we just got back on Sunday. You are going to love the hotel and the easy walk to the parks. Restaurants are great too. We stopped staying in Disney hotels about 6 years ago because the Universal hotels are so much nicer, in our opinion.

Love the Royal Pacific, but we actually like the Hard Rock even more.