PDA

View Full Version : Juggling a crowd

disneysmiles
10-18-2013, 09:45 AM
On most nights, our group of 15 will be eating together. On 3 nights, families want to split up. Now that credit cards are given to hold a reservation, can I make 2 or 3 reservations at different places at the same times to cover everyone using just my card? It would be easier if each family made their own, but I'm going with first timers who think it's too much trouble or don't want to give their credit info and would "simply" rather just wait and walk up....they have no idea and just don't get it.

Also, can 2 17 year olds dine alone? My daughter and her friend who is going for the first time, want to do a character meal that no one else has an interest in. Neither has a credit card, so I have to make the ressie for them, but won' be attending myself. Do I have to make everyone's reservations 30 minutes apart so it doesn't look like I'm double booking and get tossed from the system?

I'm not trying to fool the system. I just want to feed everyone.

buzznwoodysmom
10-18-2013, 10:52 AM
I would definitely ask the other guests to make their own reservations for the meals you are doing separately.

My feeling is if they want it they should be willing to do what it takes to get it. My worry would be that if they are so nonchalant about making plans in the first place, that they might simply change their minds and not show up to the place you booked for them, resulting in your card being charged for the no show.

We are traveling with a large group, 24 in November. I have all dining reservations made under my name, with my card. However, there is one meal that we are doing separate and for that meal I told everyone that they were on their own to make their dining arrangements. I did help the first timers to get set up, but I didn't use my card to secure it, and they are well aware that if they are a no show they will be charged.

About making more than one reservation at a time. In the past we have been asked to select between the two times online if they overlap or are booked too close together. However, for Sci Fi we had to book 3 different reservations, each around 5-10 minutes apart to be able to get all 24 in around the same time. I did this one over the phone as was told that even though they are all under my name they won't be cancelled.

VWL Mom
10-18-2013, 04:21 PM
I agree, arrange the nights as a group but let everyone do their own when separate. If they choose to do without ADRs, so be it. For those not willing to give their credit card number they'll have to do walkups. Why take the risk of putting it on yours.

As far as the two 17 year olds, they can definitely dine on their own. Someone would have to use a cc for the reservation though.