PDA

View Full Version : offsite-resort hopping

eeyoremom
10-17-2013, 08:09 PM
We think we might stay offsite at a condo this year. Probably only doing parks a couple of days. Can we go to a resort and then use disney transportation to resort hop. Is that legit? Would probably eat lunch sometime during that time.

Strmchsr
10-17-2013, 08:50 PM
There would be 2 problems with that - 1.) You're only allowed to park at a resort if it's your home resort or you have an ADR at that specific resort. If it's not your home resort you're only allowed 3 hours to park for your ADR. So, the short answer to your question is no. If you want to resort hop using Disney transportation you would need to park at the TTC (or any of the parks, really), at which point it would absolutely be okay to go check out the resorts. However, 2.) There is no resort to resort transportation beyond the monorail resorts so resort hopping is almost impossible with Disney transportation. You'd be much better off just driving your car to see the different resorts and then leave when you've seen it.

eeyoremom
10-17-2013, 10:17 PM
So,according to your no 2, I can park at a resort to look around? I don't have to have an adr? I know we could go to downtown and then take a bus or boat to a resort, but I was trying to avoid parking downtown. Is it legit to ride disney transportation on a non park day, when not staying onsite? I remember when they actually checked your disney Id in order to get on a bus, but they have not done that in years. We often eat at other resorts or shop at gift shops---they do get our money. Also, we would NEED a dole whip.

gerald72
10-18-2013, 12:18 AM
Yes, you can park at a resort to look around.
Unless there is a very popular event at that resort that day, you shouldn't have a problem. Not sure about a time limit
You can use Disney transportation to go to another park or DTD, and transfer to another resort. That's fine.

Strmchsr
10-18-2013, 07:40 AM
So,according to your no 2, I can park at a resort to look around? I don't have to have an adr?

Yes. That's no problem. You can't park at one resort and then leave for another, again there's a 3 hour limit, but it's absolutely fine for you to drive from resort to resort. Just tell the guard at the gate that you're just coming to check out the resort. And you don't have to be an on-site guest to use Disney transportation. Even on a non-park day it's fine for you to park at the TTC and ride the transportation or park at DTD to ride the buses to the resorts (not parks). The only thing you can't do is park at a resort and leave your car there while you go somewhere else.

faline
10-18-2013, 07:49 AM
There are some exceptions to being able to park at a resort. During very busy times, the monorail resorts may not allow you to park at their resorts at all unless you do have a dining reservation - I've seen signs out front of the Poly stating this.

Other than that, you can park at a resort, visit the resort and then drive away to another resort. My understanding is that, if you use valet parking (for which there is a charge), you would be able to leave your vehicle longer than the usual 3 hour window.

Anyone with valid Disney World admission tickets is allowed to use Disney World transportation.

buzznwoodysmom
10-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Other than that, you can park at a resort, visit the resort and then drive away to another resort. My understanding is that, if you use valet parking (for which there is a charge), you would be able to leave your vehicle longer than the usual 3 hour window.

This is what I was going to say. If you valet the car you don't have the 3 hour limit. I believe it's good for the remainder of the day. And while I'm not 100% sure, I think if you valet at one resort, you can valet at other resorts in the same day without paying again. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

You could valet at one of the monorail resorts and get to hop around those three resorts via monorail. You could even take the boat from Contemp to WL and back if you wanted. And also visit Fort Wilderness while in the area.

You could then get your car and have it valeted at one of the epcot area resorts and hop around those resorts.

Other than those resorts I would opt to drive to each resort to check them out. Using Disney transportation to resort hop takes way too much time.