PDA

View Full Version : Just booked my FP+ attractions

PopPhan
10-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Got on the MDE page online this morning and had the box pop up that told me to Customize my MagicBand and Make my FP+ Selections!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!!

Could not go to the Customize MagicBand page, though!! :( When I clicked on the link, it did not show any MagicBands available to customize. Hopefully, I can try it again later today or tomorrow and get it done.

However, I WAS able to make my FP+ selections for the entire trip. What surprised me about this was that on different days, different options were available to select. For instance: The day (night) of my arrival was the only day that I could select Fantasmic! seating on FP+. Some days, "X" attractions were available to select from in a park, but other days "Y" attractions were available to select from. Seems a little arbitrary to me, unless those "missing" attractions were already booked for as many FP+ as were available for the day.

I guess I'll see how it all shakes out when I get there........

AndrewJackson
10-17-2013, 11:47 AM
So, what did you book? Did you get the times/attractions you wanted? Please share.

Kenny1113
10-17-2013, 11:49 AM
When are you traveling? I'm a little nervous on what will be available because I haven't purchased tickets yet. We travel 2nd week of nov.

ETA-never mind, I see your dates in your signature.

PopPhan
10-17-2013, 11:59 AM
So, what did you book? Did you get the times/attractions you wanted? Please share.

Here they are:

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Midway Mania! – 2:40 PM to 3:40 PM
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith – 4:40 PM to 5:40 PM
Fantasmic! – 5:55 PM to 6:15 PM

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Magic Kingdom
Peter Pan's Flight® – 9:15 AM to 10:15 AM
Splash Mountain® – 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Space Mountain® – 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM

Friday, December 6, 2013

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Kilimanjaro Safaris® – 9:35 AM to 10:35 AM
Finding Nemo - The Musical – 11:40 AM to 11:55 AM
Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain® – 12:50 PM to 1:50 PM

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Disney's Hollywood Studios
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ – 9:25 AM to 10:25 AM
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith – 10:35 AM to 11:35 AM
Toy Story Midway Mania! – 12:20 PM to 1:20 PM

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® – 9:40 AM to 10:40 AM
Peter Pan's Flight® – 11:25 AM to 12:25 PM
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin® – 1:10 PM to 2:10 PM

Monday, December 9, 2013

Magic Kingdom
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid – 3:50 PM to 4:50 PM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® – 5:50 PM to 6:50 PM
Space Mountain® – 7:50 PM to 8:50 PM

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Epcot
Mission: SPACE® – 9:20 AM to 10:20 AM
Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet® – 10:25 AM to 11:25 AM
Soarin'® – 12:05 PM to 1:05 PM

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Disney's Animal Kingdom
DINOSAUR – 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain® – 12:20 PM to 1:20 PM
Kilimanjaro Safaris® – 3:20 PM to 4:20 PM

Now, these are based on when I am going to be in the respective park...I will have hoppers, so will be splitting time between parks daily.

Ms. Mode
10-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Hmmm, your trip is about 2 weeks before ours. I spoke with a CM yesterday and they told me that you get notification on the bands about 26 days prior to your trip and that's when you pick your FP+ options. Don't know if that's right...just what I was told. I also know they were having serious trouble with the site yesterday. :ill:

NewDVCowner
10-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Hmmm, your trip is about 2 weeks before ours. I spoke with a CM yesterday and they told me that you get notification on the bands about 26 days prior to your trip and that's when you pick your FP+ options. Don't know if that's right...just what I was told. I also know they were having serious trouble with the site yesterday. :ill:

I got the email giving me the option to test out the new system 28 days out from our trip.

PopPhan
10-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Just made a call to the DRC and got the MagicBand setup completed!!! :thumbsup:

The CM on the phone said that they are only sending out the invites through the end of November. She was surprised that I got mine already.

SurferStitch
10-18-2013, 01:09 PM
We are getting AP's right before we go to WDW in December. I did get our MVMCP tickets in the mail already. Today I was given the option to book a day's worth of FP+ attractions on either the 1st or 2nd day of our trip. It shows that both days are available for FP+, but then won't let me book the second day. I'm not surprised, but it's was a pain to go through the whole thing of booking them for day 2, just to be told at the end that we aren't eligible.

Anyhoo, we were only offered FP's at MK for either day. No other parks were made available. All attractions were available, but only at MK.

I guess I won't be able to book any other FP+ things until we activate our AP's down in WDW, and by then, I'm sure all of the decent times will be gone. No biggie... I'm not a fan of planning things that much. Dinners/breakfasts are enough. But, it's fun to try out the new FP+ system now anyway.

MrPeetrie
10-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Looks like a nice array of rides with good park flow.

I see a lot of days with multiple E-Ticket rides. I thought we wouldn't be able to book more than one per day.

Disnamic Duo
10-18-2013, 05:50 PM
We're going 1st week of Dec (1-7) and when I logged on to MDE yesterday it directed me to pick our Fastpass+s. It worked pretty good. A few gliches when I modified them. Had to delete a couple and re-do to get it right.

One problem: it would not let me select Friday the 6th at all. The button was grayed out? Can the Fastpasses be booked on Fridays?

IloveJack
10-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Same here. Dec. 2-8, choosing them right now. Didn't get a pop-up message, just finally was able to choose them.

jnfr2424
10-18-2013, 10:18 PM
We are getting AP's right before we go to WDW in December. I did get our MVMCP tickets in the mail already. Today I was given the option to book a day's worth of FP+ attractions on either the 1st or 2nd day of our trip. It shows that both days are available for FP+, but then won't let me book the second day. I'm not surprised, but it's was a pain to go through the whole thing of booking them for day 2, just to be told at the end that we aren't eligible.

Anyhoo, we were only offered FP's at MK for either day. No other parks were made available. All attractions were available, but only at MK.

I guess I won't be able to book any other FP+ things until we activate our AP's down in WDW, and by then, I'm sure all of the decent times will be gone. No biggie... I'm not a fan of planning things that much. Dinners/breakfasts are enough. But, it's fun to try out the new FP+ system now anyway.

If you are getting AP vouchers before you leave you should be able to still use FP+
We just renewed our expired passes and we're able to use FP+

Sassagoula Todd 2
10-19-2013, 07:21 PM
We are going December 14-21 and I was able to use the fastpass+ yesterday, or 57 days out. Magic bands still nothing though...

DANAM
10-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Thanks for pisting your selections. I was curious as to what you can book at Epcot and DHS in the same day but it looks like pretty much whatever you want. You have set my mind to ease with you selections.thanks again

mechanic
10-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Looking forward to trip report afterwards.
I would think that time frame would be mostly uncrowded. If you can post some of the walk up wait times, that would be interesting.
Also, with the fantasmic fp, what time is the show that night?

SurferStitch
10-22-2013, 11:53 AM
If you are getting AP vouchers before you leave you should be able to still use FP+
We just renewed our expired passes and we're able to use FP+

I thought I had read on here that an AP voucher won't work. Renewing expired passes might be a different thing.

PopPhan
10-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Looking forward to trip report afterwards.
I would think that time frame would be mostly uncrowded. If you can post some of the walk up wait times, that would be interesting.
Also, with the fantasmic fp, what time is the show that night?

The FP+ time for Fantasmic! is for the 6:30pm show. I do not know if they will have two shows that night. It would surprise me if there wasn't in that the park is open until 8pm.