PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Bibbidi

Susan A
10-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi
Our family is about to embark on its first trip to Disney. Do you have any suggestions for an alternative to the BB Boutique? I really don't want to do the BBB for a variety of reasons.

Have you ever tried the barber shop? My DD will bring her own dresses and I can put make up on her.

Tell me what you have done.
Thanks

Kenny1113
10-15-2013, 03:03 PM
I am interested to hear replies on this also. We are taking my neice and wanted to try barbershop rather than BBB.

missymouseworld
10-15-2013, 03:57 PM
We took my son there for his 17th birthday to make a big fuss and he had a haircut/colored hair gel, etc. My daughter (14) was with us and already had her hair up in a bun, the lady who cut my son's hair put colored hairspray on my daughter's hair and then put pixie dust (colored sparkles/confetti) in it and it looked really nice. You could also bring a tiara from home with you and dress her hair up after they color/spray it. It wasn't pricey at all for the spray/confetti and she really liked it.

She will be 18 when we go back to MK this year to celebrate her graduation, and I am thinking of taking her to the Barbershop again and getting some type of graduation cap/Mickey ear headband to go with the spray/confetti.

If you look up the Harmony Barbershop under the Walt Disney World website, they list prices and a phone number to call for reservations, however, we were walk-ins and just waited with no problem.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-15-2013, 03:58 PM
We're huge fans of the Pirate's League. DD LOVES becoming a pirate, but there are "girl" options too.

It isn't nearly as expensive as the BBB, but the experience is still amazing.

Strmchsr
10-15-2013, 04:50 PM
We're huge fans of the Pirate's League. DD LOVES becoming a pirate, but there are "girl" options too.

:ditto: That's what I was going to suggest.