PDA

View Full Version : Are three character meals too many???

mrs.jacksparrow
10-15-2013, 08:20 AM
I need a sanity check......

Wed
We have Crystal palace for lunch at 2:30

thursday
Chip N dales Dinner at 7:45
(after Coral seas for lunch)

Friday
Cape may for breakfast at 7:30

Plus we are doing T rex on Tuesday for lunch and Ragland road for dinner...non park day.

Does that sound like too much food and too many character experiences....Just me and my son (12) are going....and we like the characters but I am just not sure if I am going over board.

Also does anyone know if you have lunch at the Crystal Palace toward the end of serving time do they rush you out and do the characters leave early???? we have 2:35 res and lunch ends at 3:00???????

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-15-2013, 09:07 AM
It doesn't sound like too much to me. I think you will be okay with the characters they probably stay there until everyone is gone, but I'm sure someone else knows for sure.

Cinderelley
10-15-2013, 09:42 AM
I don't think it is too much. We have been at a restaurant for the switch between lunch and dinner. We and several other customers were not rushed out. They just switched the menus for those who were coming in.

stitchcousin
10-15-2013, 09:51 AM
I agree. Not too many IMO. I had one every day when my kids were little. It was the highlight of their day and I didn't have to wait in line at the parks to see the characters.

Zippy 1
10-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Does not seem like to much to me. We have actually done many more character dinners on our trips. We were there at the end of dinner at Crystal Palace. They did not rush us and the characters kept interacting with people right up to the end

VWL Mom
10-15-2013, 12:01 PM
If you both like characters it looks fine to me. One thing I did notice though is if you're staying offsite the 730A breakfast may be tough with a 12 year old since they suggest you check in 20 minutes before.

As far as the lunch time characters, they will stay until every table has been visited.

mrs.jacksparrow
10-15-2013, 01:53 PM
thanks everyone! I am so excited!:mickey:

SBETigg
10-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Too many for me, yes. Too many for you, probably not. :) If you love them, why not enjoy the opportunities? Have fun!

buzznwoodysmom
10-15-2013, 06:00 PM
I don't think it's too many if you guys enjoy character meals. When my boys were younger we usually did at least 2, sometimes 3, character meals per trip. I would try to space them out some throughout our week. Those were back in the days we did Rainforest Café or T-Rex on most trips as well.

Now that they are older (13 and 11--they may think they are getting old, but I will never think they are too old for character meals, hehehe) we are usually content with just one character meal per trip. We had a trip recently where we didn't have a character meal planned and we were really bummed about that. So we booked one last minute.