PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Orlando

disney obsessed
10-14-2013, 04:31 PM
I know this has been asked before but the searches I am doing do not give me the info I am looking for.

My daughter and her fiance are moving to Orlando in the spring. ! He will be opening the new Yard House at the new Idrivelive complex. This is where they are building the giant ferris wheel. They are getting married in May. They are looking to rent for the first year and are looking for a safe, young family oriented neighborhood. They would prefer a single family house but a townhouse would work too. They do not want an apartment.

What I am looking for are ideas/specific neighborhoods of where they should look. And where they should avoid. Feel free to pm me if you would like to keep the info private. Lets see what you all can come up with and thank you so much.

Anna

disney obsessed
10-22-2013, 09:43 AM
No ideas?

Figaro
11-01-2013, 03:05 PM
There's plenty of areas of Orlando that are nice. Most of Orlando is apartments, but there are some traditional residential homes. The main areas to avoid from what I learned while I lived there, Metrowest, Kirkland Rd, and Orange Blossom Trail area. They might be interested in the Davenport/Champions Gate area. It's a short drive down I-40 to get to the I-Drive area, but it's a nice quiet neighborhood. I used to live out there when working for WDW and it's away from the tourist area but a short hop into the Disney, Universal, I-Drive, SeaWorld part of town, and just a bit further into Downtown Orlando. If you have any questions, of they have any questions, please, feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to try and help. :mickey:

Main Street Jim
11-01-2013, 09:23 PM
There's plenty of areas of Orlando that are nice. Most of Orlando is apartments, but there are some traditional residential homes. The main areas to avoid from what I learned while I lived there, Metrowest, Kirkland Rd, and Orange Blossom Trail area. They might be interested in the Davenport/Champions Gate area. It's a short drive down I-40 to get to the I-Drive area, but it's a nice quiet neighborhood. I used to live out there when working for WDW and it's away from the tourist area but a short hop into the Disney, Universal, I-Drive, SeaWorld part of town, and just a bit further into Downtown Orlando. If you have any questions, of they have any questions, please, feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to try and help. :mickey:That would be *I-4*....I-40 runs east-west through NC, TN, AR, etc....

Champions Gate is *very* nice, right off of I-4, but about a 30-minute drive.

Hunter's Creek is very nice as well, just north of Kissimmee, and is a bit closer to the I-drive area (Osceola Parkway/US 441 <South Orange Blossom Trail, which is away from the "bad" part of OBT>).

Windemere is pricy, but it's *right* outside of the NE corner of WDW property, and no need to use I-4 to get to I-drive.

Winter Garden area (north of Disney, SR 50/SR 535) is pretty decent.

disney obsessed
11-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Thank you both so much!

Figaro
11-03-2013, 01:39 AM
That would be *I-4*....I-40 runs east-west through NC, TN, AR, etc....

Champions Gate is *very* nice, right off of I-4, but about a 30-minute drive.

Hunter's Creek is very nice as well, just north of Kissimmee, and is a bit closer to the I-drive area (Osceola Parkway/US 441 <South Orange Blossom Trail, which is away from the "bad" part of OBT>).

Windemere is pricy, but it's *right* outside of the NE corner of WDW property, and no need to use I-4 to get to I-drive.

Winter Garden area (north of Disney, SR 50/SR 535) is pretty decent.

Haha that's what you get with a Floridian put into NC...I live right near I-40 and have become soo used to I40 now instead of good 'ol I4...but yes, it is I4, glad you saw that :thumbsup::mickey: