PDA

View Full Version : Best counter Service at Resorts & Parks

Alpha Jeanie
10-13-2013, 10:27 PM
The day we arrive at Disney World, we plan on eating a Counter Service for lunch and again for dinner. We are saving our TS credits until the next day, when more of our family members are joining us. We arrive at Wilderness Lodge about 12:00 and plan to go to Magic Kingdom that day. We also have 2 gluten free members in our party. Since we are fairly close, we dont mind eating at Counter service at WL, Contemporary, Polynesian or Magic Kingdom for lunch. We know that we will eat at a CS in Magic Kingdom for dinner. What are your suggestions for best CS at these locations.

:mickey:

VWL Mom
10-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Disney has done a great job with GF options at WL but I'm sure the others you mentioned would have the same food availability. Were it me, I would have lunch at Roaring Forks and eat at the tables outside. I just love it there plus it would give you some down time before heading to MK.

1DisneyNut
10-14-2013, 02:09 PM
We always eat at Cosmic Ray's in Magic Kingdom. It is partly because they have so many selections to choose from and partly because it reminds me of my trips to Magic Kingdom as a kid. We always would always eat at at Cosmic Ray's and I remember his "concert." It is one of those nostalgic must does.

The food is always good as far as counter service goes and we like that they have the condiment bar that has the sauteed mushrooms and onions as well as the typical toppings.

Arielfan98
10-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Not too sure about the resorts, but Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square has healthy and hearty options. They serve a tuna sandwich, fresh soups, fried shrimp, fish, chicken tenders, and salads. My favorite place to go, not sure about the gluten free meals there, though.

thejens
10-15-2013, 01:04 AM
I like the bbcue sandwich at roaring forks, but IMHO the best (by far) counter service at MK is GAston's Be Our Guest restaurant. It feels like a table service and the food is excellent. It is really special and worth a wait.

Johnno52
10-18-2013, 08:16 PM
CS at the MK is always busy so we sometimes go out of the park. Gasparillas at GF is one of our favourite CS and it also serves "real" coffee. Atmosphere inside and out is very nice. We also like Contemporary's Contempo for the same reasons (except for the coffee). All foods are made up fresh when ordered.

MrPeetrie
10-19-2013, 09:16 AM
My two favorites are Harbour House and Flame Tree Barbeque.

I haven't been to new Fantasyland yet, but I hear food there is very good.

buzznwoodysmom
10-19-2013, 09:55 AM
If you could make it to MK for lunch Be Our Guest is an excellent choice for lunch.

When we stay at WL we always grab lunch at Roaring Forks and head to the pool area with our food. Its a great way to kick off the trip, relax after traveling there, and (weather permitting) the kids loved that first dip in th pool.