PDA

View Full Version : Is this cheating?

biggun35
10-13-2013, 07:52 PM
The DW and I had planned on visiting on our 22 anniversary but couldn't work it out at our works so we are going a couple of weeks later, would it be cheating if we celebrated our anniversay on one of the days we are there? Do you get anything special besides the buttons if you are celebrating a special day?

Scott C
10-13-2013, 08:00 PM
DW and I just celebrated our 25th last month at the poly. Our actual anniversary is not until November. I do not feel bad at all as we were there to celebrate the event. We wore the buttons for about three days then it started to get old. The only special thing that we received were some special leis nicer than the usual ones. Lots of well wishes from cm's and such.

Would do it with no issues at all

Thanks
Scott c

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-13-2013, 08:42 PM
No, it's not cheating.

Disney knows that, for a variety of reason, people can't always come on the exact day of the celebration. If your celebration is part of your trip, then go ahead and enjoy!

Kairi_7378
10-13-2013, 09:37 PM
I think the key here is that you are "celebrating" your anniversary and regardless of where you are, it's okay to celebrate at a convenient time. Have a wonderful trip and congratulations!

Susan A
10-13-2013, 10:22 PM
That's not cheating. We celebrated an anniversary a couple of weeks early at the Poly. We got an autographed photo from Mickey and Minnie and badges with "anniversary" on them. :party:

DonaldDuckUSA
10-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Not cheating at all. This goes for birthdays as well.

Also, they don't ask for any documentation, so don't be nervous about that.

My best friend's birthday is in late September. She wanted to celebrate in WDW, but the only date we could agree on was almost four weeks away from her birthday. She was so nervous they were going to ask to see ID for proof. We felt silly for worrying when clearly the cast member didn't care to see any proof.

Have a great time! :mickey:

Tekneek
10-14-2013, 10:27 AM
They don't ask for the marriage certificate anyway, so they're taking your word for it.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-14-2013, 11:22 AM
When you can get buttons for things like personal triumph I wouldn't worry about being a couple of weeks late for a birthday. Besides the trip can be a birthday present weather they get it from you or give it to themselves. You'll be at Disney enjoy :mickey:

sorarail
10-14-2013, 11:45 AM
We're going down for our 30th next month and will be there at the proper time. We had planned to take our buttons from our 25th just in case they no longer offered them. May still take them just in case.:thumbsup:

Maggie T
10-14-2013, 01:10 PM
No way is it cheating. You are celebrating and congrats. on that accomplishment. We usually get pictures of MM and Minnie and a bottle of wine in our room. Enjoy

PopPhan
10-14-2013, 02:00 PM
No way is it cheating. You are celebrating and congrats. on that accomplishment. We usually get pictures of MM and Minnie and a bottle of wine in our room. Enjoy

My ex and I got nothing when we were there for our 5th anniversary (in 2003.) It was on our reservation AND we had the buttons......We were actually in the parks and going to the Candlelight Processional on our anniversary night.

Just goes to show you that you may or may not get any special treatment/perks by putting something on your reservation or wearing the buttons.

But, to the original question -- Is it cheating? NO! You are celebrating that event at the time you are at WDW!!

WDWParrothead
10-14-2013, 05:33 PM
No way! We've done it before many times. Life gets too crazy to do everything exactly on schedule. Have fun and celebrate when you can!

faline
10-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Not a problem. We've worn the anniversary buttons when we are there "around" our anniversary - even if not for the actual day.

Tekneek
10-15-2013, 07:21 AM
My ex and I got nothing when we were there for our 5th anniversary (in 2003.) It was on our reservation AND we had the buttons......We were actually in the parks and going to the Candlelight Processional on our anniversary night.

We have had two children celebrate birthdays at WDW. For one, CMs sent birthday balloons to the room, characters called out happy birthday from parades, CMs said stuff everywhere we went. For the other, almost no CMs acknowledged the button, nobody sent anything to the room, etc. You never know what you're going to get.

SueQ
10-15-2013, 01:25 PM
We'll be there March 29th - April 5th but our 5th anniversary isn't until May 17th.

RedSoxFan
10-15-2013, 01:31 PM
DD turned 17 yesterday; but she will wear a b'day pin to celebrate when we're there in 3 weeks. She does it every year!! My b'day is a couple of weeks after our trip - not sure I will wear a pin this time.

Brooklynos
10-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Not cheating! As long as you go in with no expectations of extras, and you may be pleasantly surprised when/if you get any.

Most of ours from our honeymoon/anniversary buttons were at our meals. A special card signed by the server staff from that day, or a special dessert. Also some of the characters will make a spectacle if you are into meeting them (Mushu tried to run off with me after looking at my just married button and ring... it was the highlight of the trip).

Plus, you get to celebrate your marriage at the happiest place on earth. Nothing better than that!

dtootsie42
10-16-2013, 01:52 AM
Not cheating! Our anniversary falls in September. Two years ago we celebrated our 25th and took everybody to Hawaii. Hubby and I decided our gift to each other would be a late 25th anniversary celebration in Disney World, just the two of us. We finally got there in late January!

We did not expect a thing but when asked if we were celebrating anything special we said our anniversary. To our surprise we got buttons and many places we ate gave us a special dessert. It was a trip to remember!

biggun35
10-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the replies, we are going to do it. Now, who and when do we tell that we are celebrating an anniversary? When we check in?