PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's August trip report - part six

dlpmikki
10-13-2013, 06:16 AM
Day 14 - Sunday 1st September

Mikki decides it is her day for a water park and drives to Typhoon Lagoon. As it is a holiday weekend she is not surprised it is busy and especially notes the length of the line to buy tickets. She rides Lazy River and Shark Reef. She thinks there may be more fish (and bigger sharks) in Shark Reef than she remembers. Adults are no longer required to wear life vests. She was going to swim in the main pool but it was making big waves at the time. So, she comes home and uses the pool here for a short swim.

We go to Bahama Breeze so the humans can have lunch. We are probably after the peak time but it is far less busy than feared. Both humans enjoy cocktails (Mikki's non-alcoholic) with their meal. It was also nice for them to be recognised as people who have been before.

A nice lunch should be followed by a nice afternoon nap cuddling your toy cat. Then you can think about getting out the cases and starting to decide what will go where.

Day 15 - Monday 2nd September
In among packing and relaxing, we go back to Epcot where Mikki is hoping to get her video of "Your Future" from Spaceship Earth. We think it finally worked.

Day16 - Tuesday 3rd September
After two weeks in Walt Disney World, you don't expect anything special or unusual on your last day but my humans have memories of several holidays where this has happened. We go to the Magic Kingdom. Mikki's outstanding project there is a picture with Gaston. He is there - and he is very nice to me. He poses for nice pictures and assures me he does not want me as a trophy for his wall (my pelt is too small!). After that, we find a fairy godmother near Cinderella Castle and visit the princesses in Town Square. At first, we were a little disappointed to see there were only two princesses - Cinderella and Rapunzel - occupying the centre alcove together . In fact, things turned out quite well. First, Mikki could pretend she was a Disney princess by having her picture taken in one of the empty alcoves. Then I had my picture with the two real princesses. Rapunzel was specially pleased to see me but I think it was Cinderella who suggested they give me a "double kiss". Wow, what a way to end a holiday.

Then it was off to the airport and home. Once again, we were flying British Airways club class, which meant we got to relax in a lounge before boarding, had comfortable seats (where Andrew could lie flat if he wanted) and even an arrivals lounge in a hotel at London Gatwick. But by then, it was another day.

VWL Mom
10-13-2013, 07:55 AM
As they say, all good things must come to an end. Overall it sounds like you had a delightful trip. Thanks for sharing it with us.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2013, 09:06 AM
A very nice trip indeed. Thanks for the reports

faline
10-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Great picture! As usual, I've enjoyed your reports!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-13-2013, 06:14 PM
What a super end to the trip!

Thanks for sharing Fiagro - I love reading your trip reports. :thumbsup:

Pocahontas
10-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Love the picture! Thanks for the report