PDA

View Full Version : How do Magic Bands Expire?

DakotaDisney
10-12-2013, 02:34 PM
I know you can recharge or use your Magic Bands up to a year I think.
But do Magic Bands expire with your resort stay or with the number ticket days you have?

I have been invited to test the magic bands on an upcoming trip. But I will be only staying at a Disney property for one night. The rest of the trip will be at a non Disney hotel.

I have 8 days of park hopper tickets. I would guess it wouldn't work for charging to your room, but will it work for getting into the parks and fast passes after I check out of the Disney property?

Strmchsr
10-12-2013, 03:15 PM
It's just like with your KTTW card. All your info is in the system - ADRs, tickets, room key, charging, etc. When your room reservation is up, your band will no longer be linked to your room but your tickets still will be.

John
10-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Checked on my recent trip - I could still get fastpasses for a number of days after my trip which I guess makes sense since most tickets are good for X number of days from their first use.

DakotaDisney
10-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks.

I called Disney this afternoon. The CM told me that technically you are not supposed to be able to use the Fast Pass+ system after you have checked out from the resort, but some people have been able to as long as they have days left of park tickets.