PDA

View Full Version : the start of the great Disney expedition part 2

gueli
10-12-2013, 06:45 AM
As planned we left Thursday night near 10 pm. I cannot believe we got started so early. :thumbsup:

We encountered light rain as we quickly passed through ny city ...for those of you who do not know getting off long island requires one to pass throughor travel around the ggreat city of New York. .. in our case we went pass jfk airport and skirted out through Staten island. We made it through two construction zones with nary a hint of a slowdown.
Although the rain continued as we traveled down the length of New Jersey it was intermittent. We quickly passed through Deleware and iinto Maryland. At points the rain became intense. I also discovered that my dearest wife's car needed new wipers :mad:...
As we headed into Baltimore a road caution sign warned of impending doom. Ok so it was only a traffic accident, but srill :D I looked at my gps and it was directing me to head onto a different parkway. As we got off I could see the traffic backup for the accident...but we avoided it. As we headed into Washington DC the tr affic and the rain picked up. I was surprised by how many cars were on the road by 4am. More than once I had cars fly by us and I questioned their wisdom for driving so fast in the weather. Twice I passed by accidents (police on scene. ..I hope no one was hurt).
Near 4:30 am my dd saw the Washington monument and the dome of the capitol. We were past DC:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Seems like the trip is going well so far, better stop and get wipers:blush:

faline
10-12-2013, 02:01 PM
It can be quite stressful to take a long road trip in bad weather. Glad things are going well so far - despite the need for new wipers!!