PDA

View Full Version : Lotr

Camaro305
10-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Rumor: LOTR is coming to DHS to join Star Wars Land

Capt_redshirt
10-11-2013, 01:35 PM
That rumor is highly unlikely... i believe tolkien said something to the fact that he will never work with disney and his family has held stead fast with that too. also new line cinemas owns the theatrical rights to LOTR and they wont work with disney either.

Camaro305
10-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Just passing along what I read. :)

Capt_redshirt
10-11-2013, 01:40 PM
can i ask where that information came from.... cause the last i heard the project was going to be done at universal (tho if tolkiens family has anything to say about it it wont)

VWL Mom
10-11-2013, 01:45 PM
can i ask where that information came from.... cause the last i heard the project was going to be done at universal (tho if tolkiens family has anything to say about it it wont)

From today's Orlando Business Journal

WDW News Today is reporting rumors that The Walt Disney Co. and Warner Bros. have signed or are close to an agreement that could bring the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit franchises to its theme parks.
"Disney began talking to executives at Warner Bros. about the idea late last year, and it seems now that Disney is looking to finalize or announce the deal in hopes of turning the tide in the Orlando theme park wars. Rumor has it that Universal Orlando’s parks may show stronger attendance numbers in 2014 with the opening of a second Wizarding World of Harry Potter area, actually defeating Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. This has Disney frightened," said the site, in a blog.
There was chatter back in January that Universal was close to securing the franchise rights for a theme park, but nothing came from those rumors.
This would also stack on top of lots of news in the theme park world including Disney's plans to add a Marvel-based ride at Hong Kong Disney and rumors of a Star Wars project set for Disneyland.
Would a Lord of the Rings expansion eclipse Universal's Harry Potter? Also, how do you think you'd benefit from this?
— Rich out

Capt_redshirt
10-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Well this is one circumstance where i hope im wrong i would love to see LOTR in HS but i never want to get my nerdy hopes up

Scar
10-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Well, I'm not familiar with The Orlando Business Journal, but I'd be skeptical about an article that ends with "- Rich out"

seanyred
10-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Well, I'm not familiar with The Orlando Business Journal, but I'd be skeptical about an article that ends with "- Rich out"

Agreed!!

Aurora
10-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Richard Bilbao is a blogger on the Orlando Business Journal site. The source that he quotes is website Walt Disney World News Today. Here's the last paragraph from the article published on that site:

"As with any rumor, you should take this with a grain of salt until it is actually announced. Things often change, especially when negotiations with other companies are involved, so who knows if this project will ever see the light of day. Until then, it sure is fun to think about…"

DizneyFreak2002
10-12-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm going out on a limb here and saying this is a nonstory... Only a blogger trying to get hits to his site... Nothing to see here.. Move along...

Mrs Bus Driver
10-13-2013, 11:10 AM
I would love to see LOTR land but only if they are willing to spend the money to do it right. Which would mean several rides, areas and entertainment based on the books/movies. If they only want to do cardboard cut-outs and a walk through forget it. Harry Potter at Universal works but only because they went all out. Not sure I trust WDW to do this right, sad to say. If they build it I will come, I'll only come back a second time if it's any good. :mickey:

Cinderelley
10-15-2013, 10:26 AM
I am just rather curious about why Tolkien didn't like Disney.

PopPhan
10-15-2013, 10:55 AM
I am just rather curious about why Tolkien didn't like Disney.

Probably afraid that Frodo would end up Mickey Mouse, or maybe Gandalf would be Mickey and Goofy would be Frodo..... :D

Hey! It couldn't have been any worse than the Rankin-Bass version!!!!

paymerich
10-15-2013, 11:36 AM
YOU CANNOT FASTPASS+!!
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow. You shall not FastPass+ !

big blue and hairy
10-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey! It couldn't have been any worse than the Rankin-Bass version!!!!

Isn't that the truth! Not only was it terrible, it just stopped halfway through The Two Towers and summed up the rest. What the???!!!! :mad:

:sulley:

Gator
10-17-2013, 11:31 AM
YOU CANNOT FASTPASS+!!
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow. You shall not FastPass+ !

That was awesome!

And I'm one of the many who hopes that Disney gets LOTR. Can you imagine the resort hotel? The Shire section with houses built into the ground, Lorien with rooms up in the trees, shelter and a got meal at the Prancing Pony!

The ride could be "Flight of the Nazgul". We could eat at Theoden's Golden Hall.

And for those who say Disney can't pull it off, I say: Money Talks!