PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to The Pirates

BraddyB
10-10-2013, 09:35 AM
After 20 long losing seasons, The Pittsburgh Pirates not only finished above .500, they won the wild card game to play for the NLDS. Sure most of Pittsburgh is still down about losing last night, and rightly so, losing does hurt.

BUT

Breaking the streak was only part of the accomplishments this team has made. The biggest of all is they won the City of Pittsburgh back on baseball. I can't tell you how many games I have been to where it wasn't even close to a sell out. Only games that would be were if it was a bobblehead or firework night.

I was at Game 3 of the NLDS in Pittsburgh, and I have never heard a crowd like that before. The chants, the screams, the emotion was totally amazing. The streets were packed with fans almost 3 hours before game time. Everyone with one thing in mind. to stand behind their team.

Now its time to build from here, don't let this stunt the growth of the team or support from the fans.

Let's Go Bucs !! :pirate:

kakn7294
10-10-2013, 12:33 PM
While I obviously would have loved to see them take this even further (nothing less than a World Series victory will do), I'm so proud of what they accomplished this season. It's been 20 long years but Nutting is finally making the effort to turn around the mess previous ownership had made of things. This is a great group of guys! I'm looking forward to next season and have already started planning the games we're going to attend.

I also wish the best to the Cardinals. We lost to a great team and I respect how they are run. Good luck!

Itchy
10-10-2013, 02:29 PM
To the Pirates. You played with great sportsmanship and should hold your heads high.

Your fans are to be commended as well.:thumbsup:

We look forward to seeing you play the Cardinals next year.