PDA

View Full Version : any rhyme or reason to extra magic hours?

amorillo
10-09-2013, 03:36 PM
In the past extra magic hours have been pretty consistent... magic kingdom am on thursday & pm on sunday, epcot am on tuesday & pm on friday, hollywood studios am on saturday & pm on monday, animal kingdom am on monday & pm on wednesday. (really sad they discontinued evening hours at ak).

Is it still pretty much the same? I think during the food and wine festival they move epcot's evening hours to wednesday.... Trying to plan park days to stay away from morning hours and late dinners in the parks for evening hours....

I know schedules can always change, but how far in advance does disney release the actual schedule? If only it was before your dining window opened..... but that would make things too easy! :D

Thanks in advance!

Altair
10-09-2013, 07:17 PM
The schedule through April, 2014 can be found here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp) :mickey:

NewDVCowner
10-10-2013, 11:45 AM
I know it's been mentioned on here but now I"m drawing a blank and I couldn't find the thread - Are the parks busier with the morning extra magic hours or the night time ones? Should we avoid the parks with extra magic hours all together, or just the ones that have either morning/evening hours?

LVT
10-11-2013, 11:07 PM
I thought evening hours were crowded. The 2 hours instead of one appeals to more people, along with the idea of sleeping in.:thumbsup:
I usually have good luck for the 1 hour early EMH.

ImagiAsh
10-15-2013, 06:34 AM
Keep in mind that these hours are subject to change as park times may change. When I visited in January, we had our evenings planned out -- dinner and show based on park closing times and extra magic hours. The day we arrived we realized that MK was open two hours later than originally posted and consequently pushed back extra magic hours. Of course, this was fine with us, but just keep your eye posted on schedules once you are there, because they have been known to change. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-15-2013, 07:57 AM
I know it's been mentioned on here but now I"m drawing a blank and I couldn't find the thread - Are the parks busier with the morning extra magic hours or the night time ones? Should we avoid the parks with extra magic hours all together, or just the ones that have either morning/evening hours?

If you're staying on-site, with a park hopper ticket, the morning hours can be pretty good. It is still pretty quiet, and in the first couple of hours the park is open you'll be able to experience a lot. However, around 11am or so, it usually starts to get CRAZY (day guests, plus the influx of those who came for the EMH) and you might want to head over to another park for the rest of the day.

I'm not a fan of evening EMH. I just find them to be sooooo busy. Oftentimes, I've found them to be busier than the park in the day, since so many people are heading over to them.

You can avoid them all together, we do that a lot. If you'd like the extra time, I recommend the morning ones over the evening. A lot of people like to sleep in a bit on vacation, and it really makes a difference in the crowds.