PDA

View Full Version : To Magic+ or not for upcoming trip

Biggeek
10-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Have a trip coming up early November and just got notice via snail mail that we can participate in Magic+, but frankly I really hate idea.. but want to get opinions.

We've been going to Disney World for almost 15 years annually, but we skipped past 2 years. We are Disney Vets and always arrange our trip around some favorite dining locations, park close times/magic hours etc. Park Hoping is common and the 2nd half of trip tends to be very unstructured (ie.. we didn't ride this or that.. lets do that tomorrow.) And we used to be masters of Fast-Pass ending up with 7 or 8 or more FP rides a day per park at times. Made possible by our flexibility (and lots of backtracking to attractions.)

But changes are afoot.. now with the enforcement of return times, and this insane push to get people to plan out every second of every day 6 months in advance (don't we get enough of that in Real-life?) I'm afraid this is going to turn into a stressful vacation instead of the nice fun relaxing one of old.

I'm not sure about signing up to beta-test FP+. If we do FP+ do we only get the ability to get 3 FPs total per day? We used to do that before noon usually.. Are we able to use our park passes separate from the magic band and not link to FP? We are not doing a package, so room is separate from passes (which I'm getting elsewhere, not from Disney)

Thoughts are welcome, I'm not a fan, but afraid this old Dinosaur is going to have to either adapt or give up Disney World. But I prefer to bend the program to my will ;D

Kenny1113
10-08-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm not positive. But some post have said Nov will not be testing and go live is some time late Oct. If this is correct, you may not have a choice.

DizneyRox
10-08-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm taking a wait and see approach. Whenever the next time I got, I presume this will be in place to some extent. It remains to be seen if the old FastPass will still be in play (I suspect not).

I will see whatever works better in my favor.

I don't like the tracking being done with the MDE setup, so my initial reaction is I won't be participating at all, regardless of how it might "enhance" my experience. If I do need to participate, it will be anonymousely...

twinboyz
10-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Headed to WDW today. :D We are participating in the Magic Bands, but I too am a bit worried about be able to relax. We will have our park passes loaded on them. I have heard very positive things about not having to pull out the room card. The Fast Pass + we probably won't utilize. I am afraid I would be rushing around and miss things because we had to make it to a ride/attraction.

Although we hate waiting in lines, sometimes we take a pass and make a point to hit that ride the next time around. Really a preference position.