PDA

View Full Version : Best resort room for boyfriend??

lovetheprincesses
10-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Hi, which resort room is going to be the best bet for the most privacy? I have a 15 year old daughter, and we are taking her 15 year old boyfriend with us to WDW.

Right now, I used the Disney Visa discount to get the PORiverside double queen with trundle.

Is this going to be my best bet for most privacy at the best price?

Thank you in advance!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-08-2013, 01:27 PM
There's not going to be much privacy unless you have separate rooms or a suite, but for the price to sleep 5 yes its probably your best deal. Have you checked the cost of two adjoining value rooms?

buzznwoodysmom
10-08-2013, 03:25 PM
So it will just be the 4 of you, right?

POR is a good option for sleeping arrangements, but not sure about privacy.

We had Disney bring a roll out bed to our room at CSR once, so I imagine this would be a possibility at all the moderates. I think it's a $10 per night fee for the roll out bed, but we were never charged. I actually think the roll out beds Disney has are more comfortable looking than the Murphy bed at POR, although I haven't slept on either of them myself.

CSR would give you more privacy during getting ready/dressed time. Instead of a curtain separating the vanity area from the rest of the room there is a nice wooden door that slides to close off the vanity area. This might make getting dressed a little.more comfortable for all.

Also WL and AKL have bunk bed rooms. That would give the 15 year olds each a real bed to sleep in.

Other than those options you could also look into the following:
~ two connecting rooms at any resort.
~most of the deluxe resorts (other than WL and AKL) have two queen beds and a day bed.
~ a family suite at Art of Animation.
~ a cabin at Fort Wilderness.
~ any of the one or.two bedroom villas.

snuggs30
10-08-2013, 05:59 PM
NOOOOOOOO privacy there. The trundle bed is very very small and its made for a small child. It slides out from under one of the beds. I would suggest the cabins at ft wilderness.

buzznwoodysmom
10-08-2013, 10:52 PM
NOOOOOOOO privacy there. The trundle bed is very very small and its made for a small child. It slides out from under one of the beds. I would suggest the cabins at ft wilderness.

It is no longer that tiny mattress that slides out from under the bed. It is now sort of a Murphy type bed that folds out from under the TV. My sister in law who is around 5'5 said it was big enough for her to fit on it. I haven't stayed in a room with it yet, but it looks a lot more comfortable than what was there before.

beksy
10-09-2013, 11:46 AM
The resorts that came to my mind were the Wilderness Lodge cabins which I think would offer the most privacy other than 2 rooms.

Other than that I thought about the family suites, either at AoA or the ASMu. I'm not familiar with how they are laid out but they seem like they may be a good option.

I thought the bunk beds at WL was a great idea too but it wouldn't help as much with privacy.

texas211
10-09-2013, 08:35 PM
You can get a room at the HoJo for $30 a night about 20 miles away... Might be a good place for the bf.

Susan A
10-10-2013, 09:23 AM
That last post made me laugh!!!! All the privacy needed.

mydisneygirls
10-10-2013, 10:38 AM
You can get a room at the HoJo for $30 a night about 20 miles away... Might be a good place for the bf.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Am I missing something....why the privacy needed?

BrerGnat
10-10-2013, 11:22 AM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Am I missing something....why the privacy needed?

Just guessing, but mom probably needs some privacy for showering, dressing, changing into swimsuits.

OP, just kick the boyfriend out for a bit when you need privacy. I'm sure he and your daughter will not mind going off to explore the resort on their own for a bit.

MizMissy
10-10-2013, 02:32 PM
The rooms at the Contemporary feel a bit roomier and include a "sofa" that slides out to make a day bed. Also, unlike most of the resorts that have the sink/vanity in the room, the bathroom has a door (sinks and shower in one room and a separate door for the toilet) so it provides a larger closed bathroom area to dress in privacy.

Goes4FastPass
10-10-2013, 02:36 PM
I agree with whoever suggested you look at 2 Value Rooms.
Do the gender split, a girls room and a boys room.
You'll get

4 beds
2 bathrooms :thumbsup:
2 mini fridges
more total space
Nighttime girls in their nighties and boys in their tighty whities comfort
Ah! to be 15 again! :blush:

lovetheprincesses
10-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Thank you all!!! You've given me great options to think about. Yes, to the poster who asked about privacy...I was concerned about MY own! Lol. Yes I will prob make them take shifts roaming while hubby and I get dressed then we can occupy bf while DD gets dressed, etc. :-) thank you all!

Middle of the Map
10-10-2013, 09:01 PM
I agree with whoever suggested you look at 2 Value Rooms.
Do the gender split, a girls room and a boys room.
You'll get

4 beds
2 bathrooms :thumbsup:
2 mini fridges
more total space
Nighttime girls in their nighties and boys in their tighty whities comfort
Ah! to be 15 again! :blush:

Oh yes! I like the gender split idea for 15-year-old boy and girl. Privacy and peace of mind all the way around.

LVT
10-11-2013, 07:24 AM
2 connecting rooms at POP work well. You can leave the connected door unlocked for family contact reasons (I am the alarm clock for my sons).

Lindsey310
10-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Either 2 value rooms or a suite at AOA. :mickey:

7 days!!!!!!! :cloud9: