PDA

View Full Version : resort monorail not available from 11am to 6pm

tikiman
10-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Disney sent out notices to guests at the monorail resorts about the resort monorail being down from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM starting this last weekend (October 5) until about October 19. This shut down is not scheduled maintenance or have anything to do with some power beam issues they had recently but have to do with finishing off some work at the Grand Floridian DVC. Whatever the case may be, the resort monorail could be out of service during those times over the next couple of weeks. This will affect the Grand Floridian guests more than anything. They will have no monorail access, no way to walk to the Magic Kingdom and limited options.

Contemporary guests they will have access to the Magic Kingdom by monorail. They have been running the resort monorail to the Contemporary and back to the Magic Kingdom. There is no monorail access to the Transportation and Ticket Center from the Contemporary while this work continues. and they have the option to walk over to the Magic Kingdom.

Polynesian guests will have the small boat (motor launch), larger ferry at the Transportation and Ticket Center to roll ECV and strollers onto and access to the express monorail by walking next door to the Transportation and Ticket Center.

When this happened in the past the shutdown was not for as long as they predicted. Hopefully this time will be the same case.

4disneynuts
10-08-2013, 10:43 AM
So when you say 11 to 6 does that mean it will be open and running in the evenings? Just wanted to clarify. Thanks!:mickey:

tikiman
10-08-2013, 11:15 AM
So when you say 11 to 6 does that mean it will be open and running in the evenings? Just wanted to clarify. Thanks!:mickey:

Yes it will be running after 6PM.

Here are the modified hours and alternate transportation.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/images/stories/news/10-7-2013_1-46-50_PM.jpg

Melanie
10-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Yep, INTERCOT's own John is staying at the Poly this week and tweeted out the notice given at check-in on our Twitter account Sunday. :thumbsup:

Checkers
10-08-2013, 12:47 PM
We will be at OKW and have ADRs on 10/14 at Ohana's. I hope they are adding more buses/boats to accommodate for those that would ordinarily rely on the monorail. We have not had good luck taking the bus from DTD to the resorts in the past. Guess we'll just take a cab, less stressful!:mickey:

sonamae80
10-09-2013, 09:03 AM
When this happened in the past the shutdown was not for as long as they predicted. Hopefully this time will be the same case.

I sure hope this is the case this time! We will be there 10/15-10/20 and are staying at the Contemporary!

Hammer
10-12-2013, 11:56 PM
I can confirm that the monorail was not stopping at the GF yesterday afternoon. I chatted with the CM stationed at the monorail and it was causing issues for disabled passengers as the smaller boats between GF/Poly do not accommodate wheelchairs or scooters. Glad we were at AKL with Mom.

mudpuppysmom
10-14-2013, 05:24 PM
When we left MK last nigh the Express Monorail wasn't running, they were putting everyone on the resort line.....this was @ 11:30p.m. Whip struck me as strange. They flip flopped monorail lines the whole time we were there this past week, so hubby thinks they are having issues/construction going on.

wiltsan
10-16-2013, 12:34 PM
I read it had something to do with construction at the GF around DVC section? Also, s/w a cast member yesterday at the Poly and they said monorails were up and running (???). I can't keep up!