PDA

View Full Version : 1 Bedroom Villa at Kidini AKL or 2 rooms at WL or AKL

Alpha Jeanie
10-08-2013, 08:16 AM
I am having trouble deciding between getting a 1 bedroom villa at Kidini Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge or getting 2 hopefully connecting rooms at Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge. We will have 2 adults, 2 tall teen age boys and 1 11 year old girl with us. It's important to me to have 2 bathrooms, so that's why I have picked my choices. Kidini would have 1 King bed, 1 pull out queen sofa and one pull out sleeping chair.

The rooms of course would have 2 double beds or 1 bed and 1 bunk.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-08-2013, 09:24 AM
I believe the rooms at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom have two queen beds or a queen and bunk. I'm thinking the two connecting rooms might be more comfortable with teens and older kids and that's what I would pick. Animal Kingdom is on my bucket list so that's the resort I would pick, but you can't go wrong with either.:)

buzznwoodysmom
10-08-2013, 10:24 AM
We have stayed in a one bedroom at AKL (Kidani) and thought it was an amazing room! Loved having the kitchen and a washer/dryer. We felt the space was huge!

However I am not sure the sleeping arrangements and storage would work that well for your family. Basically the teen boys would have to share a sleeper sofa. Not the most comfortable option! And I think you would have more storage space, for clothes and luggage, in two rooms at the other resorts.

lawgirl
10-19-2013, 06:10 PM
We've stayed at both Kidani Villas and Jambo House (villa and standard rooms) many times and love it. Its gorgeous, and the 1 bedroom villa felt huge to me. With the standard rooms at AKL or WL, you won't have a kitchen. At the villa you will have a full kitchen and washer and dryer right in your unit. I don't know if that will matter at all for your family. For ours, having 2 very small kids, the kitchen and laundry was a huge help.

This time, we are getting a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs. We need the extra space and all want to be in the same unit. It looks huge, and I can't wait to try it out. Its definitely cheaper than AKL or WL.