PDA

View Full Version : FastPass+ >Testing<

Goes4FastPass
10-07-2013, 02:47 PM
How long is FastPass+ testing going to go on, really?

I am not interested in booking a WDW vacation and hoping to be "randomly selected" to be in the FastPass+ elite.

I'll jump thorough all the choosing and scheduling hoops as far in advance as I'm required to... but only when I have the same acess to FastPass+ as all other guests.

Really.

MickeysBestPal
10-07-2013, 05:35 PM
How long is FastPass+ testing going to go on...

Nobody knows.

buzznwoodysmom
10-08-2013, 10:01 AM
From everything I have been reading the test phase is supposed to end on Oct. 25.

We are going in late November and have been able to customize our magic bands, and book 3 FP+ per day without any special invitation. We did this for 5 different rooms, and from seeing what other guests are saying on several different Disney message boards it seems as though if your trip is after this testing phase you should be able to access FP+ when logging into your MDE page around 60 days out.

MickeysBestPal
10-08-2013, 06:00 PM
From everything I have been reading the test phase is supposed to end on Oct. 25.

While that is certainly possible,
there are plenty of rumors to the contrary.

Pick a date... and lay down your bets!

DANAM
10-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Now I confussed. We are going for New Years and the cast member on the phone said we can pick our bands and fastpass+ online but it wouldn't work so I assumed I need to be within my 60 days. Were you within the 60 day mark when you made your picks? If not I guess I'm calling Disney tech support:confused:

buzznwoodysmom
10-08-2013, 10:59 PM
While that is certainly possible,
there are plenty of rumors to the contrary.

Pick a date... and lay down your bets!

Ok, well like I said we have 5 rooms that have been able to book all our FP+ and customize our magic bands for late November without any special Disney invitation. This is for 24 people.

Also many guests from several different Disney boards have reported being able to do the same, without an invite, and regardless of which resort they are staying in.

While some form of testing may still continue, the OP was questioning when he would be able to access FP+ a long with all.other guests, not wanting to have to be "randomly selected". As of now that's possible for visits as soon as next month.

buzznwoodysmom
10-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Now I confussed. We are going for New Years and the cast member on the phone said we can pick our bands and fastpass+ online but it wouldn't work so I assumed I need to be within my 60 days. Were you within the 60 day mark when you made your picks? If not I guess I'm calling Disney tech support:confused:

Yes, I was within 60 days when we made our picks. I want to say we were around 50 days.

Polynesian Dweller
10-08-2013, 11:47 PM
How long is FastPass+ testing going to go on, really?

I am not interested in booking a WDW vacation and hoping to be "randomly selected" to be in the FastPass+ elite.

I'll jump thorough all the choosing and scheduling hoops as far in advance as I'm required to... but only when I have the same acess to FastPass+ as all other guests.

Really.

Not random at all now. If it's been rolled out to your hotel you get FP+. Everyone in that hotel gets FP+ and magic bands. There have been reports that all hotels will be on the system by the end of the month.

It will still officially be in test mode but no discrimination so go ahead and book if you are staying onsite.

Polynesian Dweller
10-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Yes, I was within 60 days when we made our picks. I want to say we were around 50 days.

Mine became available as soon as I made my final payment which was 50 days.

buzznwoodysmom
10-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Mine became available as soon as I made my final payment which was 50 days.

We all did ours even without final payment made. Actually I just paid my trip off yesterday (was due by today), booked our passes last week.

Goes4FastPass
10-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Truely good news. I can't believe I'm going to be booking TSM far in advance but if that what it takes to beat that whole bust the gate and rush with the mob to TSM then I'll do it.

squijee
10-11-2013, 03:39 PM
We are doing room only in Jan and hope to be purchasing ap. Does the fp+ and mde apply to us?:confused: