PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain this Magic Band situation for me...

Buttercup
10-06-2013, 09:11 PM
I have 2 trips coming up. Here are my questions.

TRIP #1: BOARDWALK INN DURING ICOT RUN DISNEY WEEKEND
Jennsky and I will have Annual Passes for this trip. Our other sister Kelly will just be buying a Park Hopper.
We've never had AP's before (we will be purchasing them this December).
Will we all get a Magic Band for this trip? Or just Kelly with her Park Hopper?
Will we be able to book Fast Passes in advance? So far we still aren't seeing any option to book Fast Passes online yet.
How does an Annual Pass work? I've never seen one before. Is it essentially a plastic park ticket that you use on every trip that year? Are they RFID? Can you insert them into a Fast Pass kiosk? Explain...

TRIP #2: ALL STAR VACATION HOME IN MARCH 2014
On this trip, Jennsky and I are staying with our families in an All Star Vacation Home. :rocks:
We will still be using our Annual Passes, but our husbands and children will be using regular Park Hopper tickets.
Because we are staying off site, again the same questions apply.
Will we all get Magic Bands with our AP's, or just the people who have paper ticket Park Hoppers? (Or do you have to be staying on-site to get a Magic Band?)
Also, because we're staying off-site, am I correct to assume we won't be able to book Fast Passes in advance for this trip? Only the crummy leftover ones from a kiosk at the park?

LAST QUESTION:
Are Magic Bands reusable? Like, if we get one on one trip and use up all the park days, can they "reload" it again with another 4 days on a new trip?

THANKS!!! :thumbsup:

Capt_redshirt
10-06-2013, 11:17 PM
I cant answer the trip questions but i can answer your last question. The plan for magic bands is to make it reusable. as long as you dont loose them you should be able to reload all your trip info for each trip. Im sure someone will come soon to answer the other questions

Strmchsr
10-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Okay - with both trips you'll get Magic Bands and as stated above they're reusable. Even customizable. There are kiosks with all kinds of specialty bands.

As for being able to book your FP+ in advance, if you just purchase an AP voucher then, no, you won't. You'll need to do one of two things - buy your APs and choose the "will call" option for a date of pick-up or buy regular park hopper tickets for your first trip then on the day you arrive go to guest relations and upgrade to AP. Those options will allow you to book your FP in advance.

Right now the AP is a plastic RFID card, but with Magic Bands the AP will be on your band (with everything else) and there won't be a plastic card. The kiosks you're referring to will also be going away for FP within the next couple of months. it will be through MDE only. I have a plastic AP card, but on the trip I'm currently on I've never pulled it out. I've used the Magic Band for everything.

Janmac
10-08-2013, 10:32 AM
The kiosks you're referring to will also be going away for FP within the next couple of months. it will be through MDE only.

If the kiosks are going away, what do folks with non-smart phones do about FP+?

Jan

Tink1
10-08-2013, 12:24 PM
If the kiosks are going away, what do folks with non-smart phones do about FP+?

Jan

There will be different Magic Experience Kiosks available. (think computer in a pretty box)

Nanc

Strmchsr
10-08-2013, 07:21 PM
There will be different Magic Experience Kiosks available. (think computer in a pretty box)

Nanc

Yep. And they're centralized instead of being at the different attractions. I've seen them around this week.