PDA

View Full Version : Disibility pass

cfoshe
10-06-2013, 02:21 PM
At DHS today and they are already making guest in wheel chairs go thru the stand by lines

JerseyDad
10-06-2013, 03:13 PM
At DHS today and they are already making guest in wheel chairs go thru the stand by lines

....if they can "transfer" ..then why should they do otherwise?

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-06-2013, 03:56 PM
This isn't new at all. If the line is accessible, then someone with a wheelchair or EVC will go through the regular line.

They may or may not then go to a separate area to load onto the ride. DD was in a wheelchair on our last two trips, (couldn't transfer on the last trip) and this was always our experience. There are only a few rides where you need a totally different entrance, since the "main" entrance isn't accessible for those with mobility devices.

If someone has a wheelchair or EVC, combined with another need, then other arrangements may be made, based on their needs, which may or may not involve an alternate waiting area.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Even years ago, when my Mom was alive (thank goodness-hate if we had her there and she wasn't!), she didn't always go through a special entrance/exit. For example, at the HM, we went in a different hallway. And at Pirates, they took us around back and brought us in a different doorway, and then we joined the queue.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Years ago at DL when DD needed to use a wheelchair she went through the regular line with a few exceptions (mainly because of stairs) where we would wait until the line and/or rest of our party caught up with us. Didn't know about GAC and didn't really need it. I love it at WDW that most ride lines I will be able to go through with the rest of my party (next trip will be using a scooter). I do like the ques and the anticipation before the ride. :mickey: